$20 million in death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: $20 million in death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond

Postby brad3579 on Sun May 05, 2019 5:53 am

Grayskies wrote:
brad3579 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:It would be property tax. Not income tax.

Actually, I am pretty sure none of the funds come from personal or property taxes but I thought it would be fun to show what it could cost a tax paying person if they did it that way. Being as they are self insured I would think that they probably draw a fair amount from their general fund.

And they get the money in the general fund from?

Obviously general fund money comes from personal and property taxes, but also government aid (federal taxes), franchise fees, licenses, permits etc.
The internal service fund (fund used to pay self insurance costs) is fed from charges for services (fees paid by departments for work comp etc.),
rents and the vague "transfers from other funds".
My problem is what happens now after they just depleted most of their internal service fund with this one payout and where the money is going to come from for the next one.
brad3579

Postby Ghost on Sun May 05, 2019 5:59 am

Is there any record of how much they typically pay out in a given year? I’m guessing this is quite common but not news worthy.
Ghost

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun May 05, 2019 10:20 am

Grayskies wrote:They need to change the law so suing bureaucrats and politicians for doing stupid things is possible.

While I share the sentiment, there are so many layers of bureaucracy, those responsible would never the ones thrown under the bus.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby LarryFlew on Sun May 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
Grayskies wrote:They need to change the law so suing bureaucrats and politicians for doing stupid things is possible.

While I share the sentiment, there are so many layers of bureaucracy, those responsible would never the ones thrown under the bus.

Agreed, always will be the lowly guy just doing what he was told but didn't record what he was told so he is S.O.L.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Previous

Return to In The News