New Lawsuit Argues That Customizable Rifles Are Illegal

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: New Lawsuit Argues That Customizable Rifles Are Illegal

Postby Lumpy on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Gun Owners of America? Do they have the political clout to be heard?

P.S. Couldn't some form of bump stock be improvised for any long gun?
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Ghost

Postby Erud on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:13 pm

Lol, I’m stealing that.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 pm

Erud wrote:Lol, I’m stealing that.

No problem I stole it from ARF
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:26 pm

My feelings are that gun owners don't agree on why they should own guns, what they should own and whether there are any absolutes of ownership. The general lack of consensus does not bode well. Many who own are not passionate about it and if asked or told to surrender their weapons would comply. Expecting one organization to represent all the gradients of viewpoints is unrealistic. The absolutist approach is what hardcore 2nd Amendment people want, but I wonder what that population number really is. A lot appear willing to bargain away others rights if there niche is protected. Human nature I suppose.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Erud on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:31 am

yukonjasper wrote:My feelings are that gun owners don't agree on why they should own guns, what they should own and whether there are any absolutes of ownership. The general lack of consensus does not bode well. Many who own are not passionate about it and if asked or told to surrender their weapons would comply. Expecting one organization to represent all the gradients of viewpoints is unrealistic. The absolutist approach is what hardcore 2nd Amendment people want, but I wonder what that population number really is. A lot appear willing to bargain away others rights if there niche is protected. Human nature I suppose.

Yeah, human nature. I don’t know that you could find any group people that is in total agreement on anything.
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:53 am

yukonjasper wrote:The gun owning public are the definition of dysfunctional.

People in general are dysfunctional.

Gun owners, I would contend are less so than the general public. But keep playing.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:54 am

yukonjasper wrote:My feelings are that gun owners don't agree on why they should own guns, what they should own and whether there are any absolutes of ownership. The general lack of consensus does not bode well. Many who own are not passionate about it and if asked or told to surrender their weapons would comply. Expecting one organization to represent all the gradients of viewpoints is unrealistic. The absolutist approach is what hardcore 2nd Amendment people want, but I wonder what that population number really is. A lot appear willing to bargain away others rights if there niche is protected. Human nature I suppose.

Go to any city council meeting sometime.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to In The News