FEDERAL COURT: SEMI-AUTOS ‘INDISTINGUISHABLE’ FROM M-16S

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: FEDERAL COURT: SEMI-AUTOS ‘INDISTINGUISHABLE’ FROM M-16S

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Lumpy wrote:I don't suppose that the original intent of the Second Amendment to explicitly protect the possession of military arms will ever get a hearing?

One can hope.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:13 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Lumpy wrote:I don't suppose that the original intent of the Second Amendment to explicitly protect the possession of military arms will ever get a hearing?

One can hope.

That word has been ruined

Ghost

Postby linksep on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:25 pm

"A well regulated militia..." translated from 1791 to 2019 words reads: "A well-practiced civilian security-force".
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:06 am

linksep wrote:

"A well regulated militia..." translated from 1791 to 2019 words reads: "A well-practiced civilian security-force".

Does not need to be translated in any way. “Shall not be infringed”.
Holland&Holland

Postby crbutler on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:15 pm

BigDog58 wrote:
crbutler wrote:From reading this, she basically decided that the Brady folk’s brief was factual. She used their Brief as the definition of fact. She should get this bounced on appeal as the ATF is the legal source of these definitions for the USG. Typical liberal, emotions are every bit as valid as facts....

I would grant to gross visual examination at 30 feet, it’s pretty difficult to tell the difference between an AR 15 and an M16.

Of course, calling a dolphin a fish doesn’t make it so, either.

Sorry, but bad analogy. "Dolphin" Is A Fish...you may know it as "Mahi-Mahi", but it is a Dolphin. I have caught hundreds of them, and IMHO, they are best served Fried Golden Brown, with Hush Puppies and French Fries ;)

Dolphin fish is different... probably why they call it Mahi Mahi. People can’t figure that out either.

And a dolphin is not the same as a porpoise, either.
crbutler

Postby linksep on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
linksep wrote:

Does not need to be translated in any way. “Shall not be infringed”.

Yeah, it does because all the anti-morons go: " Well regulated militia, that means the army with lots of regulations, they can keep their guns you can't". The anti-morons need to be ed-u-ma-cated that "regulated" means regularly practiced, and "militia" does not mean Army-Navy-Air Force; it means John Q. Public.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:16 am

crbutler wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:
crbutler wrote:From reading this, she basically decided that the Brady folk’s brief was factual. She used their Brief as the definition of fact. She should get this bounced on appeal as the ATF is the legal source of these definitions for the USG. Typical liberal, emotions are every bit as valid as facts....

I would grant to gross visual examination at 30 feet, it’s pretty difficult to tell the difference between an AR 15 and an M16.

Of course, calling a dolphin a fish doesn’t make it so, either.

Sorry, but bad analogy. "Dolphin" Is A Fish...you may know it as "Mahi-Mahi", but it is a Dolphin. I have caught hundreds of them, and IMHO, they are best served Fried Golden Brown, with Hush Puppies and French Fries ;)

Dolphin fish is different... probably why they call it Mahi Mahi. People can’t figure that out either.

And a dolphin is not the same as a porpoise, either.

Batter and deep fry any of them and I bet they taste great!
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:11 am

This is what a Bull Dolphin looks like. I've speared many of them. Every one, was a wild rush and loads of fun. Notice the Sagassum Weeds, right when the "schoolie" dolphin are getting caught. Starts at about 12:30 into the video.

I always kept a power head for discouraging the Bull Sharks

NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Previous

Return to In The News