An incident at the State Fair

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

An incident at the State Fair

Postby jdege on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:58 am

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/local/driver-who-hit-woman-near-fair-contemplated-shooting-to-protect-self/89-e6970454-918b-4663-b9c1-1c4ba74d2788
911 transcript: Driver who hit woman worried he'd need to shoot
"Should I leave? You better send a cop to get here quick, I'mma kill this dude," the driver said.

"No! Do not... hang on," the dispatcher said.

"They break this window, I will shoot someone," the driver said.
User avatar
jdege
 
Posts: 2158 [View]
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:07 am

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:34 pm

So if that due drove away, who shot? Do we know who shot yet?
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7571 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby xd ED on Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So if that due drove away, who shot? Do we know who shot yet?


From what I've gathered the past few days - 'fight', or possibly numerous females beating another female near gate, ...woman struck may have been one of the assailants, might have been going in and out of (an escape/ getaway) vehicle when struck...
...article in today's news about woman struck being pregnant, but probably will be OK, per her sister's remarks; no comments yet from expectant father.
Car was mobbed after ped struck, cops were at collision scene when shootings took place approx 1 block away.

No shooters have been charged, or arrested. 3 people shot, went to various hospitals, mobs appeared at hospitals, causing lockdown

Governor calling for legislature to "do something" to curb gun violence:
Speaking Tuesday, Gov. Tim Walz said, “Once again gun violence shattered our sense of community.”

“I refuse to accept this as the norm,” he said. “I refuse to accept that that’s just the way it is and it’s part of American character, and those who say, ‘Well anything you’re proposing wouldn’t have prevented this,’ is totally missing the point, and it is totally a fatalistic attitude that we can’t get out of this. … There’s an expectation — this Legislature needs to do something.”

twin cities.com
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 7377 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:11 pm

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So if that due drove away, who shot? Do we know who shot yet?


From what I've gathered the past few days - 'fight', or possibly numerous females beating another female near gate, ...woman struck may have been one of the assailants, might have been going in and out of (an escape/ getaway) vehicle when struck...
...article in today's news about woman struck being pregnant, but probably will be OK, per her sister's remarks; no comments yet from expectant father.
Car was mobbed after ped struck, cops were at collision scene when shootings took place approx 1 block away.

No shooters have been charged, or arrested. 3 people shot, went to various hospitals, mobs appeared at hospitals, causing lockdown

Governor calling for legislature to "do something" to curb gun violence:
Speaking Tuesday, Gov. Tim Walz said, “Once again gun violence shattered our sense of community.”

“I refuse to accept this as the norm,” he said. “I refuse to accept that that’s just the way it is and it’s part of American character, and those who say, ‘Well anything you’re proposing wouldn’t have prevented this,’ is totally missing the point, and it is totally a fatalistic attitude that we can’t get out of this. … There’s an expectation — this Legislature needs to do something.”

twin cities.com


Thank you Ed, that puts some of it into context. So we still do not know who was shooting.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7571 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby BigBlue on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:12 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So if that due drove away, who shot? Do we know who shot yet?


I believe the car v. ped accident and the shootings were separate issues. The car driver mentioned being armed and scared for his life by the mob beating on his car but I don't think he had to defend himself.
BigBlue
 
Posts: 1653 [View]
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:13 pm

BigBlue wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So if that due drove away, who shot? Do we know who shot yet?


I believe the car v. ped accident and the shootings were separate issues. The car driver mentioned being armed and scared for his life by the mob beating on his car but I don't think he had to defend himself.


Good. I hope that holds true.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7571 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby xd ED on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Collision, and shootings two separate incidents. One might speculate whether the former was a catalyst for the latter.
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 7377 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby MJY65 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:45 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Thank you Ed, that puts some of it into context. So we still do not know who was shooting.


I haven't read any details identifying the shooters, but my guess is that it was a couple of 50 year old guys from Todd County arguing John Deere vs Case/IH superiority. ;)
MJY65
 
Posts: 985 [View]
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:35 am

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby Grayskies on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:46 pm

MJY65 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
Thank you Ed, that puts some of it into context. So we still do not know who was shooting.


I haven't read any details identifying the shooters, but my guess is that it was a couple of 50 year old guys from Todd County arguing John Deere vs Case/IH superiority. ;)

We have our own fair up here! :D
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
User avatar
Grayskies
 
Posts: 3063 [View]
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 am
Location: North Central MN

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:48 pm

MJY65 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
Thank you Ed, that puts some of it into context. So we still do not know who was shooting.


I haven't read any details identifying the shooters, but my guess is that it was a couple of 50 year old guys from Todd County arguing John Deere vs Case/IH superiority. ;)


Everybody knows that Alas Chalmers is where it is at. ;)
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7571 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby rtk on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Gang banger crap.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
User avatar
rtk
 
Posts: 2738 [View]
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:34 pm

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:58 pm

rtk wrote:Gang banger crap.

It can't be. Our illustrious governor says it's the guns.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
User avatar
Rip Van Winkle
 
Posts: 2820 [View]
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:17 pm

rtk wrote:Gang banger crap.


That is in San Francisco. Here they are not yet crapping on the street. :twisted:
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7571 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby xd ED on Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
rtk wrote:Gang banger crap.


That is in San Francisco. Here they are not yet crapping on the street. :twisted:


Not as far as you know.
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 7377 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: An incident at the State Fair

Postby Ghost on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
MJY65 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
Thank you Ed, that puts some of it into context. So we still do not know who was shooting.


I haven't read any details identifying the shooters, but my guess is that it was a couple of 50 year old guys from Todd County arguing John Deere vs Case/IH superiority. ;)


Everybody knows that Alas Chalmers is where it is at. ;)

Not spelled that way. ;)
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7177 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Next

Return to In The News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron