423 Million guns in America

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: 423 Million guns in America

Postby Ghost on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:48 am

andrewP wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:This is the forum that when the news reports he had a dozen guns and several hundred rounds of ammo, we take up a collection because we can't understand how he got down to such a pitiful amount.

So if I say that there are only 6 guns under my roof, does the forum buy me 7 more just to get me above a dozen? 8-) :lol:

Depends, do you or did you at one time own a boat?
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:33 am

Boats always seem to sink for me for some weird reason. Now somebody told be that this little brass and rubber dohicky I have is supposed to be installed in the boat somewhere but I just can't figure out where it goes?
Holland&Holland

Postby daleamn on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:30 am

I am in danger of getting severly face-palmed when I hear the news outlets (with breathless intensity) inform me that someone was found with "hundreds of rounds of ammunition!!!"

In the media owning several guns is almost always an arsenal and an indication that the person is a right-wing-paranoid-gun-nut.

During one gun debate when the discussion was about a guy that owned over a hundred guns I heard Colion Noir ask the entirely reasonable question "Well how many of those guns do you think he can use at one time?" The question was totally ignored by anti-gun folk.

I look at the "danger" of someone owning several guns as being analogous to Jay Leno owning over a hundred cars...owning that many cars must mean Leno can drive from Burbank, California to New York City in about 30 minutes, right?
daleamn

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:26 am

daleamn wrote:I am in danger of getting severly face-palmed when I hear the news outlets (with breathless intensity) inform me that someone was found with "hundreds of rounds of ammunition!!!"

In the media owning several guns is almost always an arsenal and an indication that the person is a right-wing-paranoid-gun-nut.

During one gun debate when the discussion was about a guy that owned over a hundred guns I heard Colion Noir ask the entirely reasonable question "Well how many of those guns do you think he can use at one time?" The question was totally ignored by anti-gun folk.

I look at the "danger" of someone owning several guns as being analogous to Jay Leno owning over a hundred cars...owning that many cars must mean Leno can drive from Burbank, California to New York City in about 30 minutes, right?

The media is populated with idiots. Even the right wing media people are complete buffoons on guns.
Holland&Holland

Postby andrewP on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:40 pm

Ghost wrote:
andrewP wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:This is the forum that when the news reports he had a dozen guns and several hundred rounds of ammo, we take up a collection because we can't understand how he got down to such a pitiful amount.

So if I say that there are only 6 guns under my roof, does the forum buy me 7 more just to get me above a dozen? 8-) :lol:

Depends, do you or did you at one time own a boat?

Nope, none of my guns have gone "missing" - I just don't own all that many compared to some folks, though I do have a "healthy" stash of components for loading 9mm which would probably get labeled as an "ammunition factory" or some such nonsense if the press ever had reason to talk about me.
andrewP

Previous

Return to In The News