Major missle 'oops'!!??

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Major missle 'oops'!!??

Postby BigBlue on Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Unbelievable that the Ukrainian airliner that crashed may have been brought down by a missile. I'm guessing tensions were running high that night and someone really screwed up.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukrainian ... ls-believe

The Ukrainian passenger plane that crashed shortly after taking off from Tehran’s international airport Wednesday was shot down by mistake by an Iranian anti-aircraft missile, Pentagon officials told Fox News.

Officials said U.S. intelligence increasingly points at the airliner being accidentally struck by a Russian-made missile, killing all 176 people on board the flight, just hours after Iran fired more than a dozen ballistic missiles targeting two military bases housing American and coalition troops.

"An absolute tragedy," one U.S. official told Fox News. "They just screwed up and it is tragic."
BigBlue

Re: Major missle 'oops'!!??

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:17 pm

But the Iranians are just friendly people that get along with everyone!
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:But the Iranians are just friendly people that get along with everyone!

They are just turning their lives around
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:But the Iranians are just friendly people that get along with everyone!

They are just turning their lives around

And they have some of the worlds best rappers.
Holland&Holland

Postby DanM on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:13 am

Dont be so hard on the Iranians folks...after all they invented condoms.
Yep...they used the intestine of a goat.

The Irish later improved it greatly.
They took the intestine out of the goat before putting it on.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
Thomas Jefferson
DanM

Postby Ghost on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:55 am

DanM wrote:Dont be so hard on the Iranians folks...after all they invented condoms.

I see what you did there
Ghost

Postby rtk on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:22 pm

DanM wrote:Dont be so hard on the Iranians folks...after all they invented condoms.

Now that right there is funny! :lol:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:28 pm

So I am banging with a goat/italian condom? No wonder why i crave pizza and i spout out a goat sound when I am banging away!
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:39 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:So I am banging with a goat/italian condom? No wonder why i crave pizza and i spout out a goat sound when I am banging away!

#TMI
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:01 pm

I wouldn't put it past the Russians to have shot it down hoping to escalate a war between Iran and the USA.
Lumpy

Postby BigBlue on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:41 am

Well, I did not expect Iran to come clean that fast. It will be interesting to see if this tragedy causes them to do any introspection on how their track record of aggressiveness has led to this.

On a side not, will the missile manufacturer now be sued? I mean, that's what folks want to do with firearm manufacturers when bad things happen. Or maybe suing Russia because it sold the missile to a person who was likely to misuse them?

BB
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:13 am

BigBlue wrote:Well, I did not expect Iran to come clean that fast. It will be interesting to see if this tragedy causes them to do any introspection on how their track record of aggressiveness has led to this.

On a side not, will the missile manufacturer now be sued? I mean, that's what folks want to do with firearm manufacturers when bad things happen. Or maybe suing Russia because it sold the missile to a person who was likely to misuse them?

BB

Probably Trump. The left already singed on to the class action lawsuit for damages of emotional stress.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News