Will anyone be in Hibbing Jan 20 for the Senate gun hearing?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Will anyone be in Hibbing Jan 20 for the Senate gun hearing?

Postby jdege on Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:26 pm

http://www.shotinthedark.info/wp/?p=73058
Shot in the Dark - Miss Compassion
“Protect“ Minnesota is planning to bring people to the senates hearings on “gun safety“ up in Hibbing next week.
jdege

Re: Will anyone be in Hibbing Jan 20 for the Senate gun hearing?

Postby warrlac on Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:57 pm

I'm going.
warrlac

Postby Citiot on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:46 pm

I'm thinking of stowing away on the Protect MN bus to save gas. I'll wear an orange shirt, will blend in just fine.

BTW, I have an appearance of a liberal (pompous, professor look, drive a Prius). They'll never know. SOOO FUN
Last edited by Citiot on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citiot

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Citiot wrote:I'm thinking of stowing away on the Protect MN bus to save gas. I'll wear an orange shirt, will blend in just fine.

BTW, I have an appearance of a liberal (pompous, professor look). They'll never know. SOOO FUN

How you getting home? :cogitating:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Citiot on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:07 pm

xd ED wrote:
Citiot wrote:I'm thinking of stowing away on the Protect MN bus to save gas. I'll wear an orange shirt, will blend in just fine.

BTW, I have an appearance of a liberal (pompous, professor look). They'll never know. SOOO FUN

I guess I may look like a professor, but don't have the brains of one. You got me ;-)

Or.... disguises!!! yep, that'll work! Quick change in a bathroom stall before the meeting. Quick change after.... and a fun ride down 53 back to Duluth listening to the defeated brain trust.
Citiot

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:21 pm

Sounds like a solid plan!!!
Ghost

Postby DrewTea on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:44 pm

I'll be in Vegas for SHOT Show...
DrewTea

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:52 pm

For those of you that might be going up the night before, the MN Gun Owners Caucus has a room block at a local hotel and we're hosting a social/mixer thing w/ some free appetizers and a cash bar.

RSVP here: https://www.gunowners.mn/hibbing

See you there!
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:40 pm

Citiot wrote:
xd ED wrote:

I guess I may look like a professor, but don't have the brains of one. You got me ;-)

Or.... disguises!!! yep, that'll work! Quick change in a bathroom stall before the meeting. Quick change after.... and a fun ride down 53 back to Duluth listening to the defeated brain trust.

The night before your ride, I'd enjoy a nice dinner of beans, cabbage, and stale beer.... and maybe surreptitiously video tape the voyage.
xd ED

Postby atomic41 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Citiot wrote:
xd ED wrote:

:lol:
atomic41

Postby Lumpy on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 pm

I will completely cover the gas money there and back if anyone can give me a ride. Private message or call 952-393-5087.
Lumpy

Postby warrlac on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:15 pm

Everytown Data.jpg
Where do they get these figures and how can they make these claims?

It would be worthwhile for the folks going to Hibbing (and later this year the state capitol) to take a look at the Facebook pages and Websites of Protect Minnesota and Moms Demand Action. I did.

And among other things, one of the observations that sort of jumps out at you are the outrageous statistics they use to put the blame for (fill-in-the-blank) almost everything on guns and gun owners.

I'd be interested in becoming more educated about where they get their statistics and what we might be able to do to punch holes in them...
warrlac

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:16 pm

warrlac wrote:
Everytown Data.jpg

It would be worthwhile for the folks going to Hibbing (and later this year the state capitol) to take a look at the Facebook pages and Websites of Protect Minnesota and Moms Demand Action. I did.

And among other things, one of the observations that sort of jumps out at you are the outrageous statistics they use to put the blame for (fill-in-the-blank) almost everything on guns and gun owners.

I'd be interested in becoming more educated about where they get their statistics and what we might be able to do to punch holes in them...

But I thought it was all Trump's fault?
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:02 am

warrlac wrote:
Everytown Data.jpg

The majority of their "stats" include suicide, which should not be included. Japan has a higher suicide rate than the U.S., yet they have nearly no private gun ownership. These people remind me of the old saying

"Figures never lie, but a lot of figurer's do a lot of lying"
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby atomic41 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm

warrlac wrote:
Everytown Data.jpg

If you want to find the statistics, it's easy. Go to the CDC and FBI websites. They break down deaths by everything possible and crime stats respectively. Basically the liars who wish to disarm the populace, quote the deaths by gun which is around 30,000/year. About 20,000 of that number is suicide but they don't say that when quoting deaths by gun. They also conveniently leave out the fact that for 16 years violent crime and death by firearm has dropped steadily each year.

But you mentioned wanting to know where to get the numbers, know you know. Bonus for learning how many deaths by falling off ladders and all kinds of other trivia worthy info. Oh, get a load of the amount of deaths by medical malpractice. :shock:
atomic41

Next

Return to In The News