WTF?! Who’re the complete imbeciles emptying the shelves?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: WTF?! Who’re the complete imbeciles emptying the shelves?

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 am

xd ED wrote:
jdege wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Yup. It will take decades to recover if this continues too long.

The Chinese, the Russians, the DNC, and the MSM are working hard to ensure that happens.

I don't think it will.

It appears the left has taken full advantage of the situation to incite and sustain panic, without doing everything to effectively slow the virus' spread.
They only have to keep it rolling until November.

Trump's fault. He did not get tested and infected 235 million Americans personally, then after the fact he did get tested and utilized one of the precious tests that should have gone to a low income individual rather than his rich self. He should have over reacted sooner.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:17 am

Just got back from cabelas. Did see 9mm and 45 bullets on the shelves. Didn't check ammo though.
Bearcatrp

Postby hard h2o on Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:07 am

I work at the Woodbury Cabelas.

As of yesterday we still had some .45 230gr FMJ.

Couple of things at play for us. We just had our Second Amendment sale. Our shipments have been slower. Our truck we usually get on Sundays was postponed.

If I had a nickel for everyone who asked about 9mm or bulk .223/5.56 I would have a lot of nickels.

I had to explain to a few people that the bullets for reloading were not what they needed.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:41 am

hard h2o wrote:I work at the Woodbury Cabelas.

Couple of things at play for us. We just had our Second Amendment sale. Our shipments have been slower. Our truck we usually get on Sundays was postponed.

If I had a nickel for everyone who asked about 9mm or bulk .223/5.56 I would have a lot of nickels.

I had to explain to a few people that the bullets for reloading were not what they needed.

Missed sales opportunity there ;) Could have sold them a starter press kit, bullets, cases, powder, primers, and reloading manuals!
Holland&Holland

Postby 870TC on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:14 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

Missed sales opportunity there ;) Could have sold them a starter press kit, bullets, cases, powder, primers, and reloading manuals!

Nope, if they are dumb enough to think 100 rounds of cartridges will fit in a 100 count bullet box...they be too stoopid to try loading. I had a moron looking for "bullets" for 303 british, I showed him a 100 count box of .312 dia. Hornady's, he got this puzzled look on his face and asked "how can they fit so many in such a small box?". We went round and round trying to explain it...finally I had to cut the box open to show him the "bullets"...he told me in a huff, "those aren't 303 British bullets, there not even close to the right size! 303's are as long as your finger". the light bulb never flickered in that one
870TC

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:21 am

870TC wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Nope, if they are dumb enough to think 100 rounds of cartridges will fit in a 100 count bullet box...they be too stoopid to try loading. I had a moron looking for "bullets" for 303 british, I showed him a 100 count box of .312 dia. Hornady's, he got this puzzled look on his face and asked "how can they fit so many in such a small box?". We went round and round trying to explain it...finally I had to cut the box open to show him the "bullets"...he told me in a huff, "those aren't 303 British bullets, there not even close to the right size! 303's are as long as your finger". the light bulb never flickered in that one

This is why I don't think I could work a retail job, any more. When I had my computer company in GA, I actually gave a lady a refund, and took her computer back. I told her to buy a Dell and be sure to get the extended warranty, because she was too stupid to have a computer.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:49 am

870TC wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Stupid is as stupid does.
Holland&Holland

Postby ttousi on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:54 am

:rotf:
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby hard h2o on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

I talked to a couple of guys about that. No 9mm ammo? We have a solution for you. I showed them the kits, bullets, powder, cases, primers, and manuals.

I also mentioned that it might be a good time to buy a new firearm in a chambering that we do have ammo stock for.
hard h2o

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:49 pm

It is always a good time to buy another firearm! ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby tenmilmag on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:33 pm

Nics background checks closed down in Tennessee tonight!
tenmilmag

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:07 am

tenmilmag wrote:Nics background checks closed down in Tennessee tonight!

Government ordered or volume driven?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:39 am

tenmilmag wrote:Nics background checks closed down in Tennessee tonight!

does that mean if you don't get a response within the required time span, it's an OkeyDokey?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby tenmilmag on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:19 am

Upon further investigation it’s been determined to be a short lived Dilemma. My apologies.
tenmilmag

Previous

Return to In The News