San Jose orders gun store to close

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

San Jose orders gun store to close

Postby jdege on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:22 am

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/18/coronavirus-san-jose-orders-gun-store-to-close-in-one-of-first-tests-of-essential-under-shelter-order/
Coronavirus: San Jose orders gun store to close in one of first enforcement against businesses open under shelter order
Willow Glen gun shop stayed open, then ordered closed, with modest fanfare; police say they focused on warnings and education for suspected violations of stay-at-home order
SAN JOSE — As Bay Area business owners navigated the labyrinthine rules of the sweeping shelter-in-place order implemented Monday, many gun dealers across the region opted to stay open this week, amid a spike in sales apparently driven by fears over the coronavirus pandemic.

But after customers lined up around gun stores in several counties Tuesday — including outside the Bullseye Bishop in San Jose — San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo declared that “gun stores are non-essential.”

“We are having panic buying right now for food,” Liccardo said Wednesday. “The one thing we cannot have is panic buying of guns.”

I have to say, part of me agrees.

Californians who have waited until now, to obtain arms and ammo, are probably not people I'd be comfortable with guns.

But "gun stores are non-essential"?
jdege

Re: San Jose orders gun store to close

Postby Ghost on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:32 am

Gun stores should be essential like hardware, grocery and gas stations. You should be able to buy guns and ammo at hardware, grocery and gas stations.
Ghost

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:37 am

Gun shops are non-essential, until the barbarians are at the gate.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 am

So the constitution does not apply during a state of emergency?
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:59 am

Holland&Holland wrote:So the constitution does not apply during a state of emergency?

:exactly: :iagree:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to In The News