BREAKING: Trump Administration reopens closed Gun Ranges

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

BREAKING: Trump Administration reopens closed Gun Ranges

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:32 pm

BREAKING: GOA and GOC Thank the Trump Administration for Designating Firearms Industry as Essential
https://gunowners.org/breaking-goa-and-goc-thank-the-trump-administration-for-designating-firearms-industry-as-essential/
Springfield, VA – President Trump’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has revised its guidance of critical infrastructure to include the firearms industry as part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure. This revision comes shortly after Gun Owners of America (GOA) and Gun Owners of California (GOC) sent a letter to the administration urging inclusion of the firearms industry.

The guidance specifically includes “[w]orkers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges” as part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure.

GOA Senior Vice President Erich Pratt said, “It is very encouraging to see CISA include the firearms industry as essential. In these uncertain times, the ability to protect yourself — and to acquire firearms, magazines and ammunition — should not be ignored. GOA/GOC thanks the Trump Administration for listening to our letter and ensuring that Americans can protect themselves in these difficult times.”

Erich Pratt, or another GOA spokesperson, is available for interviews. Gun Owners of America is a nonprofit lobbying organization dedicated to protecting the right to keep and bear arms without compromise. GOA represents over two million members and activists. For more information, visit GOA’s Press Center.

:booyah: :thankyou: :bravo: :thankyou:
Last edited by xd ED on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: BREAKING: Trump Administration reopens closed Gun Ranges

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:35 pm

Can we get a bumpstock hell yeah!!!!
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:24 am

Lets how many governors will speak against this and will not let them open up.
Bearcatrp

Postby xd ED on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Lets how many governors will speak against this and will not let them open up.

I'm more worried about the clown show in Lake Elmo.

Would you cross the 'Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency'? That's the CISA
Don't eff with an alphabet agency...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby GoodDoctor on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:28 am

Some one needs to let NICS know. Was in small gun shop yesterday and asked how the NICS was doing. The response was "delayed." They went on to explain that as soon as the call goes through, the response from the NICS is: delayed; not taking any info at this time. Did buy their last 8 lbs of Retumbo and a couple boxes of 9mm Luger FMJ.
GoodDoctor

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:00 am

Son in law bought a semi auto 12 gauge a couple days ago. There were 12000 in front of his check to be completed. They will call him when it goes through.
Bearcatrp

Postby bstrawse on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:40 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Lets how many governors will speak against this and will not let them open up.

To clarify, this is *guidance* - the states will decide what they want to go. They are not obligated to follow this guidance, but Gov Walz used the previous version of this guidance and incorporated into his executive order for "stay at home".
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:44 am

bstrawse wrote:

To clarify, this is *guidance* - the states will decide what they want to go. They are not obligated to follow this guidance, but Gov Walz used the previous version of this guidance and incorporated into his executive order for "stay at home".

Bryan,
Thanks for the clarification
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby smurfman on Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:12 pm

GoodDoctor wrote:Some one needs to let NICS know. Was in small gun shop yesterday and asked how the NICS was doing. The response was "delayed." They went on to explain that as soon as the call goes through, the response from the NICS is: delayed; not taking any info at this time. Did buy their last 8 lbs of Retumbo and a couple boxes of 9mm Luger FMJ.

I used the NICS system several times yesterday, had two Research which one ended up as my only delay. The shop must have had bad timing for every one of their calls. It can seem that way at times, I've seen it between different sales crew at the same time. It is a great feeling when you don't have to be the bearer of bad news, particularly at this time.

If the shop has to call in the info rather than via computer, then I can see an issue. It really sucks to call in info. I've had multiple hang ups when the system is busy and have heard of others who have been hung up on multiple times trying to phone in a check.

My experiences of the last couple of weeks has me believing that any background check that has any need to go past the top layer of scrutiny is being Delayed depending on how busy the operators are. Sometimes the response comes back Research in which one can wait up to an hour for a final determination. The longer the wait, the more likely one is going to get a Delay rather than Proceed.

Bearcatrp wrote:Son in law bought a semi auto 12 gauge a couple days ago. There were 12000 in front of his check to be completed. They will call him when it goes through.

For curiosity's sake, I would be interested to know how the number of checks ahead of your son in law was made known. I have not seen nor heard of such info being made available to the store in any way. That information wouldn't be of any actual use but it would be interesting.
smurfman

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Just asked him about it. His was done on the computer to run his check. Said the guy doing the check is able to see how many in front of him. 9000 is now in front of him to get checked. He is out in colorado.
Bearcatrp

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:09 pm

GoodDoctor wrote:Some one needs to let NICS know. Was in small gun shop yesterday and asked how the NICS was doing. The response was "delayed." They went on to explain that as soon as the call goes through, the response from the NICS is: delayed; not taking any info at this time. Did buy their last 8 lbs of Retumbo and a couple boxes of 9mm Luger FMJ.

Thank you for looking for and buying the Retumbo powder I needed. Living out in the "Sticks" has its drawbacks in hitting the good gunshops on a regular basis, which is why I keep so much STUFF in stock on my shelves. You providing this Retumbo powder for me "free" is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by OldmanFCSA on Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:10 pm

bstrawse wrote:

Which did not include closing ranges so that seems to still be by choice.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News