Armed Citizen Shoots After Protesters Allegedly Attack

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Armed Citizen Shoots After Protesters Allegedly Attack

Postby minnesotatv on Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:19 am

Watch: Armed Citizen Shoots After Protesters Allegedly Attack

A protester in Albuquerque, New Mexico, was shot Monday night after a citizen
who was allegedly under attack opened fire.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... -attacked/
minnesotatv

Re: Armed Citizen Shoots After Protesters Allegedly Attack

Postby Scratch on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:12 am

Another justifiable self defense shooting in my mind. Anyone else think not?
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:30 am

Hard to tell everything that is going on there and what all led up to the point shots are fired.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby ttousi on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 am

pretty clear he was attempting to get away when he was taken down....IMO self defense seems a valid claim............what occurred leading up to confrontation is unclear...was he an active participant?
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:48 am

Someone also shouted I'm going to kill you or something to that effect. Also, if the entry wounds are on the front side or back of the body.......much to consider.

But if I'm a typical Left Wing fanatic and that was my guy getting shot, it was cold blooded, non provoked murder, in fact the guy who got shot appeared to o be light hearted and jovial....
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:49 am

Scratch wrote:Another justifiable self defense shooting in my mind. Anyone else think not?

There are lots of people who think not. Of course they are busy burning stuff down so maybe they can get back to you later when they are not busy.
Holland&Holland

Postby Scratch on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:24 am

So we got:
1. The overhead video of the guy in the car getting punched through the car window, who shoots a protester....
2. The recent guy trying to stop the statue getting pulled down, shooting a protester...

What other recent cases with video am I forgetting of people using firearms to protect themselves from looters/protesters?
Scratch

Postby BigBlue on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:37 am

Have you seen the other videos that were taken prior to the assault and shooting? This guy was in the crowd of people trying to tear down the statue at the museum (opposing it) and he scuffled with another protester. Self-defense law being complicated and all, it will be interesting to see whether that earlier aggression is factored in to the SD claim. I, too, think he's justified because the folks assaulting him had knives and a skateboard but this will be murky.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Scratch on Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:52 am

BigBlue wrote:Have you seen the other videos that were taken prior to the assault and shooting? This guy was in the crowd of people trying to tear down the statue at the museum (opposing it) and he scuffled with another protester. Self-defense law being complicated and all, it will be interesting to see whether that earlier aggression is factored in to the SD claim. I, too, think he's justified because the folks assaulting him had knives and a skateboard but this will be murky.

BB

Yeah, I saw that part of the video, but after that, he was clearly seen walking and in some parts running away. He shot after multiple attackers had pursued him, caught up with him, threatened to kill him, and hit him with a skateboard.

It will certainly be a test of the system, but in my mind... It's clear.
Scratch

Return to In The News