Lefty Mob Trespassed on Their Property, They Knew What to Do

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Lefty Mob Trespassed on Their Property, They Knew What to Do

Postby jdege on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:04 am

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/06/29/a-lefty-mob-trespassed-on-their-property-but-a-st-louis-couple-knew-what-to-use-n2571501
A Lefty Mob Trespassed on Their Property, But a St. Louis Couple Knew What to Use to Deter Them
A couple in St. Louis defend their home with a firearm after protesters enter their neighborhood.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1277415316352573440
jdege

Re: Lefty Mob Trespassed on Their Property, They Knew What to Do

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:20 am

That's quite the house that they're defending.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 am

The sad thing is if they had used it they would have been the ones arrested. We have lost our way as a society.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:21 am

According to the story from Daily Mail, they're both personal Injury Lawyers. I would guess they both knew how far they could go.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8467075/St-Louis-couple-point-firearms-protesters-outside-home-marching-demand-mayors-resignation.html
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Sorcerer on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:58 am

The only thing I would have suggested is they need to work on there gun handling. It looked like she walked in front of his muzzle a couple of times. He should of been at a low ready. Her hand grip was no Way any type of being prepared to fire her mouse gun. Her neighbors were in more danger from her if she lit one off. They need a lot of practice in working as a team.
Sorcerer

Postby photogpat on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:29 am

Deplorable safety practices aside - confronting the otherwise peaceful protest streaming past their house was probably the worst tactical action to take.

If you’re worried, sit outside visibly and quietly...but don’t be pointing firearms at otherwise peaceful people or yelling at them. I don’t believe Missouri law allows lethal force to be deployed against trespassers...
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:57 am

Other vids out there showing it's a private street and hated property so the protesters presumably where not just passing through.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby atomic41 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:09 am

photogpat wrote:Deplorable safety practices aside - confronting the otherwise peaceful protest streaming past their house was probably the worst tactical action to take.

If you’re worried, sit outside visibly and quietly...but don’t be pointing firearms at otherwise peaceful people or yelling at them. I don’t believe Missouri law allows lethal force to be deployed against trespassers...

Yes, MO has a Castle Doctrine where homeowners have no duty to retreat and can defend their home against threats. Also, the mob has videos of breaking through their gates and attempting to storm the house, the homeowners began with very clear verbal warnings before coming out with guns.

I'm going to have to side with the homeowners after seeing the other videos of the mob, they were not just passing by.
atomic41

Postby photogpat on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:58 pm

atomic41 wrote:
photogpat wrote:Deplorable safety practices aside - confronting the otherwise peaceful protest streaming past their house was probably the worst tactical action to take.

Yes, MO has a Castle Doctrine where homeowners have no duty to retreat and can defend their home against threats. Also, the mob has videos of breaking through their gates and attempting to storm the house, the homeowners began with very clear verbal warnings before coming out with guns.

I'm going to have to side with the homeowners after seeing the other videos of the mob, they were not just passing by.

I didn’t stutter, I said “I don’t believe Missouri law allows lethal force to be deployed against trespassers...”

The protest was enroute to the MO Governor’s residence in the same gated community. So again, not sure you can shoot trespassers absent a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm...plus, these two bozos weren’t even “inside” their castle
photogpat

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:36 pm

When they got on their property, and was told to leave and they refused, should be legal to shoot them, regardless what state your in. I know, our wussy state didn't pass the law to allow this.
Bearcatrp

Postby atomic41 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:21 pm

photogpat wrote:
atomic41 wrote:

I didn’t stutter, I said “I don’t believe Missouri law allows lethal force to be deployed against trespassers...”

The protest was enroute to the MO Governor’s residence in the same gated community. So again, not sure you can shoot trespassers absent a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm...plus, these two bozos weren’t even “inside” their castle

Well if they were walking to the Governor's residence, they will be walking for a few more days as the Governor doesn't live in St Louis.

As I stated before, there is no duty to retreat and there is a strong chance that had they pulled the trigger they would not be charged. This article from STL Today even references how they would have been justified to shoot the mob, and reports that police are currently working on charges for the mob. MO takes a solid stand on their version of Castle Doctrine.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cri ... -top-story

If you would like more info, a quick google search will yield cases of homeowners shooting trespassers and not getting charged. The law in MO has been tested and precedent has been set...the cases are out there. It appears that the mob stood down after seeing guns come out and that is good because pulling the trigger should be an absolute last resort.

In summary, they did not pull the trigger but if they did there is a strong chance they would not face charges since it was in MO.
atomic41

Postby photogpat on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:27 pm

Lethal force, for simple trespass, is NOT legal in MO...nor in MN either.

All the cases I found were for people trespassing, and then breaking and entering, etc....which is different from what I laid out.

The penalty for trespass isn’t death, and though these folks were made extremely nervous, had they opened fire on a crowd...standing at a distance...I doubt they’d have not been charged.

You’re missing my point though...these buffoons CONTRIBUTED to the confrontation. Good lord, lay low, smile and wave...and keep the trunk monkey handy. Why would you call attention to the fact that you’re a doofus by yelling at a mob and drawing attention to yourself?
photogpat

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:10 pm

atomic41 wrote:
photogpat wrote:
atomic41 wrote:

Well if they were walking to the Governor's residence, they will be walking for a few more days as the Governor doesn't live in St Louis.

As I stated before, there is no duty to retreat and there is a strong chance that had they pulled the trigger they would not be charged. This article from STL Today even references how they would have been justified to shoot the mob, and reports that police are currently working on charges for the mob. MO takes a solid stand on their version of Castle Doctrine.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/cri ... -top-story

If you would like more info, a quick google search will yield cases of homeowners shooting trespassers and not getting charged. The law in MO has been tested and precedent has been set...the cases are out there. It appears that the mob stood down after seeing guns come out and that is good because pulling the trigger should be an absolute last resort.

In summary, they did not pull the trigger but if they did there is a strong chance they would not face charges since it was in MO.

While you should be right, I doubt you are. I think those speculating this in the media are doing so for effect.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:16 pm

photogpat wrote:Lethal force, for simple trespass, is NOT legal in MO...nor in MN either.

All the cases I found were for people trespassing, and then breaking and entering, etc....which is different from what I laid out.

The penalty for trespass isn’t death, and though these folks were made extremely nervous, had they opened fire on a crowd...standing at a distance...I doubt they’d have not been charged.

You’re missing my point though...these buffoons CONTRIBUTED to the confrontation. Good lord, lay low, smile and wave...and keep the trunk monkey handy. Why would you call attention to the fact that you’re a doofus by yelling at a mob and drawing attention to yourself?

That is the prudent thing to do of course it is easy to say it hard to act it out in the moment. Stand your ground but do not take any aggressive action. That takes mental preparation that few possess. Obviously the majority of the protesters don't possess it either.

Once a reasonable person would feel their life is in danger though... safety off.
Holland&Holland

Postby jdege on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 am

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/interview-man-with-rifle-during-st-louis-protest/63-eeb61c07-4adc-4df0-a7d0-000d40a89e78
'The only thing that stopped the crowd was my rifle' | Interview with man who pulled out gun amid protest
Allred: Were the protesters on your private property at any point?

McCloskey: Everything inside the Portland Place gate is private property. There is nothing public in Portland Place. Being inside that gate is like being in my living room. There is no public anything in Portland Place. It is all private property.

And you've got to appreciate that if there are two or three hundred people, I don't know how many there were. We were told that 500 people showed up at the Lyda Krewson house, which is not on our street, as you know. But how many of them came through Portland Place? I don't know. But it was a big crowd and they were aggressive, wearing body armor and screaming at us and threatening to harm us. And how they were going to be living in our house after they kill us.
jdege

Next

Return to In The News