Gun-toting restaurateur upsets 5-term Colorado congressman

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:26 am

https://apnews.com/bd43efaf54b8c2bb9049931885110822
A pistol-packing restaurant owner who has expressed support for a far-right conspiracy theory has upset five-term U.S. Rep. Scott Tipton in Colorado’s primary elections.

Tipton became the fourth House member to lose renomination bids this year. Republican Reps. Steve King of Iowa and Denver Riggleman of Virginia, and Democrat Daniel Lipinski of Illinois, have already been ousted by challengers.

He lost Tuesday to Lauren Boebert, the owner of a gun-friendly restaurant in a western Colorado town called Rifle. Earlier this year, Boebert said in an interview that she was “very familiar” with the QAnon conspiracy theory, but she stopped short of saying she was a follower.
jdege

Re: Gun-toting restaurateur upsets 5-term Colorado congressman

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:51 am

I don't know anything about Rep. Tipton, but if he's just another jelly spined republican, then good!
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Ghost on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:13 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:I don't know anything about Rep. Tipton, but if he's just another jelly spined republican, then good!

This
Ghost

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:00 pm

I have a friend that shoots 50's with us, that lives in CO, and he personally knows
Lauren Boebert, the owner of a gun-friendly restaurant in a western Colorado town called Rifle
and her family. He said she is VERY Pro 2A and is quite nice, as is her family.

It is good to get as many Pro 2A people in office as we can. Especially if Biden has ANY chance of winning.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to In The News