Number of Guns Americans Purchased in June - Wowza!

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:12 pm

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/07/01/june-gun-purchase-numbers-n2571569
Data on the Number of Guns Americans Purchased in June Is Here and...Wowza
According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, June 2020 saw the highest number of gun purchases since the FBI started keeping track 20 years ago. Further, this year's June number increased over June 2019 by 135.7 percent. According to the unadjusted number from the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System, 3,909,502 background checks were conducted.

“These figures represent the highest June on record since the FBI began conducting instant background checks more than 20 years ago. The sharp increase in Americans buying firearms in June continues a trend we saw start in the spring. Civil unrest, rioting, looting and calls to defund police are unquestionably motivating factors of why this trend is increasing. Americans are right to be concerned for their personal safety. It’s entirely reasonable that law-abiding citizens are exercising their Constitutional right to purchase a firearm to protect themselves," NSSF Director of Public Affairs Mark Olivia released in a statement.
jdege

Re: Number of Guns Americans Purchased in June - Wowza!

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:27 pm

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, June 2020 saw the highest number of gun purchases since the FBI started keeping track 20 years ago. Further, this year's June number increased over June 2019 by 135.7 percent. According to the unadjusted number from the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System, 3,909,502 background checks were conducted.

Gee, it's not like people are terrified of all the stupidity they see around them or anything. :roll:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Lumpy on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm

If only they had the courage to not be afraid of people different from themselves ( :roll: :roll: :roll: )
Lumpy

Postby dismal on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 pm

Too bad there is no ammo to go with them....
dismal

Postby Ghost on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:48 pm

But, many states require background checks for stuff they shouldn’t
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:35 pm

I don't know how that is possible, everywhere I go is out of inventory :cogitating:
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:I don't know how that is possible, everywhere I go is out of inventory :cogitating:

Hard getting parts imported
Ghost

Postby mmcnx2 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:04 am

dismal wrote:Too bad there is no ammo to go with them....

Us 'experienced' folks keep a healthy supply on hand at all times. Scoop it up when you can, reload everything you can and you never really have to worry.
mmcnx2

Postby dismal on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:22 am

mmcnx2 wrote:

Us 'experienced' folks keep a healthy supply on hand at all times. Scoop it up when you can, reload everything you can and you never really have to worry.

Agreed, but a lot of the newbies will be lucky to be able to buy more than a box of ammo for their new acquisition. Will make it tough for them to practice. Though I did see a lot of .380 in the local Fleet Farm a week ago.
dismal

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:59 am

dismal wrote:
mmcnx2 wrote:

Agreed, but a lot of the newbies will be lucky to be able to buy more than a box of ammo for their new acquisition. Will make it tough for them to practice. Though I did see a lot of .380 in the local Fleet Farm a week ago.

About a month ago I got a call from somebody that told me they visited 3-4 stores and there is no 9mm ammo anywhere to be found. This person was visiting stores like Fleet Farm and Cabela’s. Two days later I was in a local gun store (real gun store) and they had a few different options for every popular caliber including 9mm. Same last week, my LGS was super busy but they had ammo on the shelves.
gun_fan111v2

Return to In The News