Minneapolis police tell residents to obey criminals

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Minneapolis police tell residents to obey criminals

Postby jdege on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:35 pm

https://alphanewsmn.com/minneapolis-police-tell-residents-to-obey-criminals-and-be-prepared-to-be-robbed/
Minneapolis police tell residents to obey criminals and ‘be prepared’ to be robbed
Police say that Minneapolis residents should obey criminals and "be prepared" to be robbed amid a wave of violent crime in the city.
Police in the city’s Third Precinct alone have received more than 100 reports of robberies and 20 reports of carjackings in just the last month.

Officials are now telling residents to be ready and willing to comply with the demands of criminals in an email sent to Third Precinct residents.

“Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet,” the police said in their email, a copy of which was obtained by Alpha News. The email said citizens should listen to criminals and “do as they say.”

The message warned that “some victims have been maced, dragged, assaulted, and some threatened with a gun.”
jdege

Re: Minneapolis police tell residents to obey criminals

Postby rtk on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:37 pm

Just wait and see what happens when the thugs run into the wrong person...I’m sure it will happen soon, stayed tuned!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Lumpy on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:11 pm

If police can't crack down on robbery and assault, maybe they can't crack down on defensive shootings? Lawlessness works both ways you know.
Lumpy

Postby MJY65 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:13 pm

rtk wrote:Just wait and see what happens when the thugs run into the wrong person...I’m sure it will happen soon, stayed tuned!

My guess is that the "wrong person" will be promptly arrested. The mayor and the whole contingent of local politicians will throw the weight of their offices behind pursuit of the most aggressive prosecution possible. There will be protests and riots until charges are filed. There will be protests and riots again during the trial. The original victim will get screwed.
MJY65

Postby rtk on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:23 pm

MJY65 wrote:
rtk wrote:Just wait and see what happens when the thugs run into the wrong person...I’m sure it will happen soon, stayed tuned!

My guess is that the "wrong person" will be promptly arrested. The mayor and the whole contingent of local politicians will throw the weight of their offices behind pursuit of the most aggressive prosecution possible. There will be protests and riots until charges are filed. There will be protests and riots again during the trial. The original victim will get screwed.

Like I said....stay tuned!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:03 pm

The safety on my AR has an off position.
Holland&Holland

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:11 pm

So who’s going fishing.
Sorcerer

Postby xd ED on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:37 pm

Very thoughtful of the chief to broadcast a message that will serve to encourage the thugs.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:52 am

Time to tell the chief to go f*^k himself. Obey the thugs? Are you friggin kidding me. Give them a treat in your favorite caliber. Dead folks can’t testify against you!
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:42 pm

The vast majority of the Minneapolis population is not armed, so they really don't have an option. I suppose they could quickly type up a sternly worded letter and see if that halts the agression.......the UN has been doing that for decades and look how well that has worked....Liberals..... :roll:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby smurfman on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:31 pm

Since the PD's Public Relations section has been disbanded and taken over by the City Council's staff, that message was as close as the chief could get to warning the citizenry regarding the future. It is probably the last time we will see a live message from this or any other chief unless the Council gives up or has that section wrestled from it. All will be sparkles and unicorn farts until the council goes on a crusade.
smurfman

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:12 am

Don't go into Minneapolis alone, or unarmed .

I wonder how many protests will flare up, when one or more of these Kids rightfully, end up getting shot?

NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:11 am

BigDog58 wrote:Don't go into Minneapolis alone, or unarmed .

I wonder how many protests will flare up, when one or more of these Kids rightfully, end up getting shot?

Better yet, just don't go into Minneapolis. I pity the fool who has to shoot one of these feral youth whose just turning their life around. :roll:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:41 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:Don't go into Minneapolis alone, or unarmed .

Better yet, just don't go into Minneapolis. I pity the fool who has to shoot one of these feral youth whose just turning their life around. :roll:

I don't go into Minneapolis unless I absolutely have to, which used to be rare. Now that I'm going to have to go to the U of M Medical centers and hospital for treatment, this will change.

Although I haven't been inside yet, and only had virtual visits with the doctors, I know I'm going to be going to their offices soon. I'm sure these buildings are posted, but does anyone know whether they wand you before entering the buildings?

Not that lil ole me would EVER Ignore their posted signs :shock:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:00 am

It's going on 6 years since I've been to UMMC. It wasn't posted then. With all the people coming and going, I don't see how they could screen anyone.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Next

Return to In The News