The violence extended to the suburbs.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

The violence extended to the suburbs.

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:24 am

https://patch.com/minnesota/eagan/s/h8riw/doctor-shot-in-head-at-edinas-fairview-parking-lot-report?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert

I believe the general sense of lawlessness is enboldening criminals to commit these crimes. The implications of this article is that the Doctor resisted the criminal and therefore was shot. I am glad that a description was included as that is often left out of these stories.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: The violence extended to the suburbs.

Postby MasonK on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 am

yukonjasper wrote:...The implications of this article is that the Doctor resisted the criminal and therefore was shot.

He should have heeded the advice of the MPD and been prepared to comply and give up his stuff.

It's just stuff, after all.

//sarcasm.
MasonK

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:43 am

The doctor was shot in the head and was able to describe the suspect, the source said.

The victim suffered noncritical injuries and was receiving medical treatment.

Shot in the head, but noncritical injuries?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby crbutler on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am

Probably a graze type wound, without hitting the skull.

Given the current media, I’m surprised they didn’t call it a non life threatening injury and leave it at that.

It would help if all these major medical groups got rid of the anti gun policies for their employees.
crbutler

Postby xd ED on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:40 am

yukonjasper wrote:https://patch.com/minnesota/eagan/s/h8riw/doctor-shot-in-head-at-edinas-fairview-parking-lot-report?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert

I believe the general sense of lawlessness is enboldening criminals to commit these crimes. The implications of this article is that the Doctor resisted the criminal and therefore was shot. I am glad that a description was included as that is often left out of these stories.

Descriptions of suspects are quite consistently omitted when a particular ethnicity is involved.
The media's defense is that vague descriptions of race/ ethnicity do little to identify the perpetrators, yet the most general of all descriptors - gender - is almost always included, as will be the ethnicity of most Asian, and Latino, and Caucasian suspects.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ironbear on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Shot in the head, but noncritical injuries?

It was a "peaceful" shot in the head.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:05 am

Ironbear wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:Shot in the head, but noncritical injuries?

It was a "peaceful" shot in the head.

Must have been.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 am

We're prepared for their arrival into the suburbs. I don't believe they will want to stay very long

BLM Enters Suburbs.jpg
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby ex-LT on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:11 am

BigDog58 wrote:We're prepared for their arrival into the suburbs. I don't believe they will want to stay very long

BLM Enters Suburbs.jpg

As I recall, you don't live too far from where that shooting occurred. It appears Edina may not be completely prepared, yet.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby linksep on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:00 am

Well I am at a total loss as to how it could happen in the first place... Hospital grounds are "Gun Free Zones"...so it must have been the man on the grassy knoll (outside of hospital property).
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:38 am

ex-LT wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:We're prepared for their arrival into the suburbs. I don't believe they will want to stay very long

BLM Enters Suburbs.jpg

As I recall, you don't live too far from where that shooting occurred. It appears Edina may not be completely prepared, yet.

The shooting at Fairview Southdale was 1/2 mile from my house. They had police driving all over the neighborhood, and Sheriffs Helicopters flying over late into the night. We made sure our doors were locked, our home alarm set, and our firearms ready. Thankfully, the shooter didn't try to hide at our place.

When I first heard about it, shortly after it happened, it made us realize that crimes happen everywhere. Just a few days earlier, there was a local car jacking, and that car ended up wrecking on France Avenue, less than a block from my house.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby hammAR on Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:12 am

You should consider moving out of the ghetto............ ;)
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby smurfman on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:55 pm

There was also a bank robbery where an officer was shot near BigDog with the perpetrator being killed not far in the other direction as well. Then there was about a two year stretch of muggings in Southdale itself. Plus, numerous muggings in the parking lots of Southdale, the Galleria, and other nearby establishments.

Given the description, it is my guess the perpetrator would have headed east northeast rather than west. About 5, maybe 4, exits east on Hwy 62 would have been a good place to wait for him. Providing the description was accurate.
smurfman

Return to In The News