The state senate still republican controlled ?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

The state senate still republican controlled ?

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:43 am

Do the Republicans still hold the state senate ?
I see a Matt little lost . That's one Dem down . I sure hope the state senate is still on our side !
sansooshooter

Re: The state senate still republican controlled ?

Postby bstrawse on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:17 am

sansooshooter wrote:Do the Republicans still hold the state senate ?
I see a Matt little lost . That's one Dem down . I sure hope the state senate is still on our side !

GOP lost two: Dan Hall and the open SD44 seat.

DFL Lost two: Matt Little and Dan Sparks

Unless absentee ballot counting radically shifts (and it's not expected to) - GOP control will remain.

From a pro-gun standpoint -- We get crazy anti-gunners in Dan Hall's Seat and the SD44 seat. We replace Matt Little (anti) with a moderate to strong GOP (he did not seek our endorsement and did not return a survey) - and we replace Dan Sparks who was a B typically on guns with an A player.

I'll take it.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:29 am

bstrawse wrote:

Unless absentee ballot counting radically shifts (and it's not expected to) - GOP control will remain.

From a pro-gun standpoint -- We get crazy anti-gunners in Dan Hall's Seat and the SD44 seat. We replace Matt Little (anti) with a moderate to strong GOP (he did not seek our endorsement and did not return a survey) - and we replace Dan Sparks who was a B typically on guns with an A player.

I'll take it.

I finally found the state election info . The state senate is the only win. I see for the night .
I believe Biden will be far worse than Obama and I fully expect the economy to tank Deeply !
China JOE will roll back everything Trump gained with China !
sansooshooter

Postby bstrawse on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:55 pm

sansooshooter wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

I'll take it.

I finally found the state election info . The state senate is the only win. I see for the night .
I believe Biden will be far worse than Obama and I fully expect the economy to tank Deeply !
China JOE will roll back everything Trump gained with China !

GOP picked up 6 seats in the MN House it looks like as well - cutting pretty deep into the DFL majority -- but not enough to get control. I'll take that as a win as well - we probably have enough seats between GOP + rural DFL in the House to stop any gun control.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:28 pm

The silver lining
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Is it still holding? It looks like the Star Tribune has dropped the majority to one IF the projections hold. The uncalled races are almost all R incumbents.
MJY65

Postby LarryP on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:43 pm

The Dems lead in the US senate right now by 1. Mn senate will be Dem to
LarryP

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:39 pm

LarryP wrote:The Dems lead in the US senate right now by 1. Mn senate will be Dem to

Where are you getting your news?
Holland&Holland

Postby bstrawse on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:23 pm

MJY65 wrote:Is it still holding? It looks like the Star Tribune has dropped the majority to one IF the projections hold. The uncalled races are almost all R incumbents.

MN is all over Senate wise. GOP has a one seat majority (lost 3 seats, picked up 2)
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:23 pm

LarryP wrote:The Dems lead in the US senate right now by 1. Mn senate will be Dem to

Neither of these are correct.
bstrawse

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:15 pm

bstrawse wrote:

Pretty certain the Bull moose party was voted in as the majority in all races.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryP on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:47 pm

Not so fast, the us senate is still up in the air

https://apnews.com/article/election-202 ... e25d8d0d8b

bstrawse wrote:

LarryP

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm

LarryP wrote:Not so fast, the us senate is still up in the air

https://apnews.com/article/election-202 ... e25d8d0d8b

bstrawse wrote:

Up in the air and dem controlled are 2 different statements
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News