TAKE BIDEN ON HIS WORD WITH GUN CONTROL

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:41 am

https://www.nssf.org/take-biden-on-his-word-with-gun-control/
Biden unequivocally admitted to CNN’s Anderson Cooper in a 2019 interview that he would pursue an unconstitutional firearm confiscation agenda.

“To gun owners out there who say a Biden administration means they’re going to come for my guns…” Cooper said.

“Bingo,” Biden interrupted. “You’re right, if you have an assault weapon,” which the former vice president deridingly refers to when he speaks of MSRs. “The fact of the matter is they should be illegal. Period.”

That goes much further than reenacting the failed 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, to which in the same interview, Biden agreed it didn’t reduce crime. That means he’d go after the more nearly 20 million MSRs in circulation today.

“What I would do is institute a national buyback program,” Biden explained. He admitted then that outright confiscation of MSRs for lawful ownership was a Constitutional hurdle.

“Right now, there’s no legal way that I’m aware of where you could deny the right if they had legally purchased them,” Biden told CNN of his confiscation plans. “But we can, in fact, make a major effort to get them off the street and out of the possession of people.”
jdege

Re: TAKE BIDEN ON HIS WORD WITH GUN CONTROL

Postby Lumpy on Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Those pesky darn constitutional rights, always getting in the way of running things smoothly.
Lumpy

Postby jdege on Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:10 pm

Lumpy wrote:Those pesky darn constitutional rights, always getting in the way of running things smoothly.

I'm wondering how much they'd offer, and what they'd consider to be an "assault weapon".

I have a couple of 80% lowers that I screwed up a bit on. I'd be willing to let them go for $200/per.
jdege

Postby xd ED on Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:46 pm

jdege wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Those pesky darn constitutional rights, always getting in the way of running things smoothly.

I'm wondering how much they'd offer, and what they'd consider to be an "assault weapon".

I have a couple of 80% lowers that I screwed up a bit on. I'd be willing to let them go for $200/per.

$50 gift card this year, or felony warrant next year.

"Buy-backs' are an interesting fallacy: the gov't will use money you paid in taxes to deprive you of something you paid for, that they never previously owned.
So down the road, you'll have neither your firearm, or the tax money you paid for the 'buy-back'.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:22 pm

Dementia patients rarely accomplish anything, his handlers on the other hand...
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News