Sheriff's Officers Charged with Bribery for CCW Licenses

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Sheriff's Officers Charged with Bribery for CCW Licenses

Postby jdege on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:26 pm

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/newsroom/newsreleases/Pages/NRA2020/CCW-Undersheriff-Sung-.aspx
County Undersheriff, Sheriff’s Captain, Local Businessman, and Apple’s Chief Security Officer Charged with Bribery for CCW Licenses
A grand jury has issued two indictments​ charging the Santa Clara County Undersheriff, a previously indicted sheriff’s captain, a local business owner, and the head of Global Security for Apple, Inc. with bribery.

Undersheriff Rick Sung , 48, and Captain James Jensen, 43, are accused of requesting bribes for concealed firearms (CCW) licenses, while insurance broker Harpreet Chadha, 49, and Apple’s Chief Security Officer Thomas Moyer, 50, are accused of offering bribes to get them.
jdege

Re: Sheriff's Officers Charged with Bribery for CCW Licenses

Postby LarryP on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Took two years to investigate that? They'll probably get promoted
LarryP

Postby Pat Cannon on Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:59 pm

I'm sure the whole affair will convince the California legislature of the inherent corruption of a may-issue permit system and lead to its replacement by shall-issue.

More seriously, I'm glad to see that they're not getting away with blaming it all on the Apple guy that they were (maybe kinda) extorting.
Pat Cannon

Postby crbutler on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:20 pm

I’d feel a bit more sorry for the Apple guy if their company politics were more reasonable... like not taking a stand on nonbusiness issues, instead of rock solid left.
crbutler

Postby Pat Cannon on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 pm

crbutler wrote:I’d feel a bit more sorry for the Apple guy if their company politics were more reasonable... like not taking a stand on nonbusiness issues, instead of rock solid left.

Not totally rock solid; like most big companies they butter both sides of the whole loaf of bread.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics ... index.html
Pat Cannon

Return to In The News