No charges in pawn shop killing during George Floyd unrest

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

No charges in pawn shop killing during George Floyd unrest

Postby brad3579 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:56 pm

brad3579

Re: No charges in pawn shop killing during George Floyd unrest

Postby xd ED on Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:23 pm

It wasn't for lack of desire on the part of the Henn Cty Atty to hang the store owner.
The security camera recordings got destroyed in the fire, and the witnesses - the other looters inside the store, not surprisingly - refused to cooperate
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:03 pm

Has anyone been charged for burning it down?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:13 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Has anyone been charged for burning it down?

I misread another story, Apparently the security camera/ recorder was stolen by looters.

From Fox9
...At the pawn shop, a crowd threatened to kill the officers, so police arrested the pawn shop owner and left the area, determining it was unsafe to stay and process the shooting scene. Police returned the next morning, but by then the store had been looted, including the security cameras and recording equipment that would have captured the shooting. The equipment was never found.

A witness told police Horton was among a large group of people who broke into the store that night and at least one of them - but not Horton - was armed with a gun. The witness said Horton had moved toward the shop owner and was about seven feet away when the shooting happened. An autopsy determined Horton was turned sideways when he was shot but was unable to determine how far apart he was from the shooter.

Police worked to find other witnesses, but they either did not come forward or refused to speak to police.

The pawn shop owner also did not speak with investigators.

If more evidence were to surface, the Hennepin County Attorney's Office would reconsider its charging decision.

Appears the pawn shop owner's decision to STFU worked in his favor.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Sorcerer on Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:53 am

If the owner had a carry permit he must have been paying attention at his class. The only words that should come out of your mouth if you are involved in a shooting is, or any interaction with law enforcement involving a firearm is, my name is ——— and I want to consult with my attorney before I make any statement. Once you’ve made that statement expect to be arrested, because you will be.
Sorcerer

Return to In The News