Minneapolis police shot Dolal Idd after attempted gun sting

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Minneapolis police shot Dolal Idd after attempted gun sting

Postby Sorcerer on Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:27 pm

I had thought the same thing that EP Scheels didn’t carry firearms. Some one on a different sight claimed they did. Went last weekend. Well stocked for firearms. Not so for ammunition. I believe when they first opened they didn’t have firearms.
Sorcerer

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Rodentman wrote:Couldn't the police have used a Social Worker to conduct the gun sting?

Should send the city council to take care of crime. After one gets shot, maybe they will change there tune on defunding the police.
Bearcatrp

Postby hard h2o on Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:02 pm

Sorcerer wrote:I had thought the same thing that EP Scheels didn’t carry firearms. Some one on a different sight claimed they did. Went last weekend. Well stocked for firearms. Not so for ammunition. I believe when they first opened they didn’t have firearms.

I work there. You can't purchase a firearm and take it into the mall. You have to exit the store through an exit that does not lead to the mall, secure it in your vehicle, then enter the mall if you desire.
hard h2o

Postby ex-LT on Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:00 pm

hard h2o wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:I had thought the same thing that EP Scheels didn’t carry firearms. Some one on a different sight claimed they did. Went last weekend. Well stocked for firearms. Not so for ammunition. I believe when they first opened they didn’t have firearms.

I work there. You can't purchase a firearm and take it into the mall. You have to exit the store through an exit that does not lead to the mall, secure it in your vehicle, then enter the mall if you desire.

That's not surprising. When they still sold guns, I believe the Dick's in Burnsville Center was the same way.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Previous

Return to In The News