Biden Says He Will ‘Defeat the NRA’ While in Office

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Biden Says He Will ‘Defeat the NRA’ While in Office

Postby xd ED on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:32 am

Holland&Holland wrote:We do have a car jacking record to maintain. Maybe MN can win that championship?

Might as well have some fun watching it go down the tubes.

137316658_4056880737700551_6105257623929451107_n.jpg
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:52 pm

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:We do have a car jacking record to maintain. Maybe MN can win that championship?

I have a bingo! I have a bingo!
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:51 pm

What do you win? A seat on the City Council?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:27 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:What if the very existence of groups like GOA is to weaken and destroy the NRA. Undermine and divide funding- divide and conquer. 2nd amendment people are being eaten alive by their sense of personal independence, they don't trust anybody and won't stick around to help fix what is broken. On to the next shiny object and the promise of perfection.....until that isn't perfect anymore and the cause is lost among the wreckage of 300 failed and splintered "principles are everything and only peopl who agree with my exact thought processes matter" organizations.

We gotta tighten our ranks and get together or the whole **** house is going up in flames.

Are you stating that they are a double agent?

Wow, I thought I was a conspiracy theorist.

I think the fact that they exist makes them useful in fragmenting the base. Weakens the critical mass needed to show a monolithic solidarity. It may not be intentional, but it has the same effect.
Last edited by yukonjasper on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:30 pm

Cars are dangerous.....big and scary.......
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:51 pm

My brother insists that while Biden does have a long history of being fervently pro-gun control, the narrowness of the Democratic majority and the need to not alienate crucial support will make gun control something he won't be willing to spend political capital on. I can only hope so. He also claims that for all her gun control rhetoric, Harris actually owns a handgun for self-defense. Your thoughts?
Lumpy

Postby LarryFlew on Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 pm

TOTALLY disagree, doesn't matter that she has a gun or anything else they will STILL be pushing their agenda as somehow it won't affect them.

While the NRA is currently having problems they are still the largest and best hope we have of preserving our 2A rights IMO.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:21 pm

xd ED wrote:

Looks like Jeopardy game. I’ll take car jacking for $200.
Bearcatrp

Postby atomic41 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Lumpy wrote:My brother insists that while Biden does have a long history of being fervently pro-gun control, the narrowness of the Democratic majority and the need to not alienate crucial support will make gun control something he won't be willing to spend political capital on. I can only hope so. He also claims that for all her gun control rhetoric, Harris actually owns a handgun for self-defense. Your thoughts?

Was your brother in a coma or trapped in the wilderness without access to any media? You should catch him up to speed. Our votes don't matter anymore, elections are rigged, and political pressure is a memory. The left is going to do whatever they want and they don't fear losing any elections anymore.
atomic41

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:59 pm

Lumpy wrote:My brother insists that while Biden does have a long history of being fervently pro-gun control, the narrowness of the Democratic majority and the need to not alienate crucial support will make gun control something he won't be willing to spend political capital on.

I would tend to agree, and I would encourage everyone to take a step back from the ledge.

Right now the left is thumping their chests and bleating about everything they're going to do. The democrat caucus isn't as monolithic as they want you to believe. They still have members in purple districts which want to be reelected.

Things are bleak, but they're not hopeless.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby jdege on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 pm

Lumpy wrote:for all her gun control rhetoric, Harris actually owns a handgun for self-defense. Your thoughts?

The anti-gun zealots don't want to get rid of guns, they just want to get rid of your guns.

They're keeping theirs.

jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:45 pm

Lumpy wrote:My brother insists that while Biden does have a long history of being fervently pro-gun control, the narrowness of the Democratic majority and the need to not alienate crucial support will make gun control something he won't be willing to spend political capital on. I can only hope so. He also claims that for all her gun control rhetoric, Harris actually owns a handgun for self-defense. Your thoughts?

Who is this “he” you are referring to? Harris will be taking office shortly and she is in tight with the squad who could care less about political capital or consequences.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

Who is this “he” you are referring to? Harris will be taking office shortly and she is in tight with the squad who could care less about political capital or consequences.

True, she didn't start with any and her dreams are coming true. Re-electability is a non factor if you can manufacture all the votes you need to win.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ironbear on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:46 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So no bail at all then? That seems like a great idea :bravo:
California sure as it all figured out.

Hmm. Makes me wonder how "No Cash Bail" paired with "No extradition from California" would work out for other states?
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby leftoverture on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:11 pm

yukonjasper wrote:What if the very existence of groups like GOA is to weaken and destroy the NRA. Undermine and divide funding- divide and conquer. 2nd amendment people are being eaten alive by their sense of personal independence, they don't trust anybody and won't stick around to help fix what is broken. On to the next shiny object and the promise of perfection.....until that isn't perfect anymore and the cause is lost among the wreckage of 300 failed and splintered "principles are everything and only peopl who agree with my exact thought processes matter" organizations.

We gotta tighten our ranks and get together or the whole **** house is going up in flames.

Well I wouldn't say GOA exists for that very purpose, but in general I think you have it correct that we need to come together and no organization is perfect. We need to tighten up the ranks. I'm a member of both GOA and NRA. We need both and we need to keep fighting....together. The left is hoping the NRA will self-destruct and we can't let that happen.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
leftoverture

PreviousNext

Return to In The News