Biden Says He Will ‘Defeat the NRA’ While in Office

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:33 pm

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-says-he-will-defeat-the-nra-while-in-office_3650623.html
Biden’s official Twitter account was responding to former Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), who was among 14 people wounded in a shooting rampage by Jared Lee Loughner in Tucson in 2011; six people died in the attack. Giffords had recounted how her life and community “changed forever.”

“But the attack did not break me—or the people I represented in Congress. We came together, turned pain into purpose, and found hope in each other,” she wrote, adding that she continues to work to “achieve a safer America.”

Biden responded, saying: “Your perseverance and immeasurable courage continue to inspire me and millions of others. I pledge to continue to work with you—and with survivors, families, and advocates across the country—to defeat the NRA and end our epidemic of gun violence.”
jdege

Re: Biden Says He Will ‘Defeat the NRA’ While in Office

Postby xd ED on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:55 pm

I believe ol' joe was also quoted as saying that as soon as he's inaugurated, his first order of business will be to impeach Donald Trump....
:cogitating:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby linksep on Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:43 pm

NRA can go, let the left think they just destroyed the boogey-man. GOA is NO COMPROMISE which is why they get my membership dues (and donations, and Amazon Smile contributions).
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Rodentman on Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 am

Whatever "defeat the NRA means....." He will have to "defeat" millions of gun owners. And as I often say, gun violence, systemic/institutional racism, and gender identity are all creations of the liberal left.

I would like to hear what Bidet intends to do about people violence. Oh yeah, it's defund the police, and implementing no cash bail.
Rodentman

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:04 am

Figures, when I am only 3 payments away from paying off my Life Membership...

What is a no cash bail?
gun_fan111v2

Postby xd ED on Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:13 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Figures, when I am only 3 payments away from paying off my Life Membership...

What is a no cash bail?

Just one more way our betters are keeping us safe themselves in office
New Los Angeles DA announces end to cash bail, the death penalty and trying children as adults - CNN

(CNN) Newly elected Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón announced sweeping plans for criminal justice reform as he was sworn into office Monday.
Gascón defeated 8-year incumbent Jackie Lacey. As he assumed the head of the largest prosecutor's office in the nation Monday, he said his new agenda for Los Angeles -- which includes ending cash bail for certain minor offenses, the death penalty and the practice of charging juveniles as adults -- will differ from his predecessor's in order to better prevent crime, reduce recidivism, and restore victims.
"I recognize that these are big changes, but they are changes that will enable us to actually affect the truly vulnerable," Gascón said

....Gascón announced he is immediately ending the cash bail system, adding that experts believe hundreds of incarcerated individuals would be eligible for released tomorrow under a new pretrial release policy. He said his office will also roll out a plan to eliminate all bail in the nation's most populous county beginning January 1, 2021....
"The money bail system is as unsafe as it is unjust," Gascón said. "The rich can be dangerous while the poor impose zero threat to society." The amount of money a person has in their bank account does not determine the danger they pose to their community, he added.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:24 pm

So no bail at all then? That seems like a great idea :bravo:

California sure as it all figured out.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:14 pm

Coming soon to a jurisdiction near you.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby americos on Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:57 pm

The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance;
he will bathe his feet in the blood of the wicked.
americos

Postby smurfman on Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:13 pm

It seems the L.A. County Prosecutor is actually taking a realistic look at bringing California to the modern age of Justice.

California may be implementing Betty McCollum's idea of allowing the voting age to be lowered to 16 yoa and consider them adults. If so, one wouldn't have as much need for prosecuting juvies as adults therefore not needing the laws allowing this to take place.

Cash is now old fashioned, they will probably require Bitcoin instead. Old fogeys (mostly Trumpers) won't know how to access it and will remain in jail and ensure society' safety. Bitcoin also seems to be where criminal's are placing their money so it would be easier to pay in that currency rather than cash.

The the lead up in California to commit an execution very easily could be considered cruel and unusual punishment. Putting a person in solitary confinement for the decades it takes to execute a prisoner is definitely cruel and unusual. It is further so as they will treat a terminal illness to the full extent of care possible up to and including organ transplant. It seems a prisoner cannot even die of natural causes as it would be cheating society therefore not allowed.
smurfman

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:26 pm

What if the very existence of groups like GOA is to weaken and destroy the NRA. Undermine and divide funding- divide and conquer. 2nd amendment people are being eaten alive by their sense of personal independence, they don't trust anybody and won't stick around to help fix what is broken. On to the next shiny object and the promise of perfection.....until that isn't perfect anymore and the cause is lost among the wreckage of 300 failed and splintered "principles are everything and only peopl who agree with my exact thought processes matter" organizations.

We gotta tighten our ranks and get together or the whole **** house is going up in flames.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:47 pm

yukonjasper wrote:What if the very existence of groups like GOA is to weaken and destroy the NRA. Undermine and divide funding- divide and conquer. 2nd amendment people are being eaten alive by their sense of personal independence, they don't trust anybody and won't stick around to help fix what is broken. On to the next shiny object and the promise of perfection.....until that isn't perfect anymore and the cause is lost among the wreckage of 300 failed and splintered "principles are everything and only peopl who agree with my exact thought processes matter" organizations.

We gotta tighten our ranks and get together or the whole **** house is going up in flames.

Are you stating that they are a double agent?

Wow, I thought I was a conspiracy theorist.
Holland&Holland

Postby atomic41 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:52 am

Holland&Holland wrote:So no bail at all then? That seems like a great idea :bravo:

It's already here and in many other states as well. Hennepin and Wash. counties are doing it now. The idea is to keep the criminals on the streets to ramp up the violence, (it makes it easier to take guns away). But of course it's being sold as, "criminals are poor so it's unfair". There was a local news story recently where Freeman and the Wash county attorney were interviewed.
atomic41

Postby xd ED on Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:37 am

atomic41 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So no bail at all then? That seems like a great idea :bravo:

It's already here and in many other states as well. Hennepin and Wash. counties are doing it now. The idea is to keep the criminals on the streets to ramp up the violence, (it makes it easier to take guns away). But of course it's being sold as, "criminals are poor so it's unfair". There was a local news story recently where Freeman and the Wash county attorney were interviewed.

Last fall, on an real time episode of "Live on Patrol", Sheriff Fletcher, and some Ramsey Cty Deputies got involved in a stolen car chase (something the SPPD is pretty much forbidden to do). In a follow up regarding the driver who was caught and arrested, I recall he had been arrested 2-3 times in the previous week for car thefts, at least one of those involving another police chase.
Not surprisingly, many politicians and the media condemned the ' dangerous, high speed chase' (never appeared to hit 50 mph), which ended with the car thief arrested without injury, or major property damage. No reports on how the Ramsey Cty Atty handled it, but I would not be the least bit surprised if the guy is out stealing cars again.

Ramsey County commissioners raise concerns about sheriff’s pursuit of stolen car TwinCities.com
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 am

We do have a car jacking record to maintain. Maybe MN can win that championship?
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to In The News