Boogaloo Bois

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Boogaloo Bois

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:37 pm

Found this interesting. What constitutes a real threat and what does that mean?

https://patch.com/minnesota/eagan/s/hdt56/fbi-reports-credible-threats-in-mn-ahead-of-jan-17-rally?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert

I would argue that the coup de'ta has already happened and the patriots are now reacting to the unlawful taking of power.......

Interesting the FBIs ability to investigate is suddenly evident, but they couldn't open a laptop or file charges for evidence of corruption in their possession for months.....
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Boogaloo Bois

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:48 pm

At least half of the 'boys' are probably FBI paid informants.
Jackpine Savage

Postby rtk on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:At least half of the 'boys' are probably FBI paid informants.

Yep. I smell a false flag operation on this too.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby atomic41 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:23 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:At least half of the 'boys' are probably FBI paid informants.

The boog idiots are leftists. They are tight with antifa. Remember the one in TX that was dirtnapped for pointing his AK at a driver fleeing the mob and the ones in Kenosha that encouraged violence against police. They show up at riots armed and are always on the side of the mob. This is another setup and narrative building to make conservatives look evil. Don't go to the capital!
atomic41

Postby Pat Cannon on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:39 pm

All I know is that those buttholes are threatening my multi dollar investment in thrift store Hawaiian shirts.
Pat Cannon

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:52 pm

Plus their name is just stupid. It sounds like something junior high kids would come up with.
Holland&Holland

Postby prushin on Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:15 am

The Boog crowd that the media is pointing at are just the same deluded wannabe's that have been around since the '80s "Survivalist" movement got started.

The Boogaloo thing was a bunch of teenagers on Reddit posting memes about how the 'Rona was going to bring about the next civil war. It was actually pretty amusing to see all the kids in Hawaiian shirts and plate carriers posing over piles of toilet paper and Lysol.

Then some moron in the media did an image search to try and identify someone in a Hawaiian shirt and body armor at a rally in Georgia and they found all these disturbing pictures of guys dressed the same way threatening violence to guard their precious stashes of Sh*t Tickets and a new underground movement was invented.

I've actually spoken to a friend's son about this whole "I'm part of some imaginary army" thing he had going. If he was an average specimen of what the media calls the Boogaloo Bois...Well I had to explain to him that his $35 Wish plate carrier wasn't going to be very effective with the foam that it ships with...Unless the Feds are issuing Nerf guns now.

For the love of God. Didn't anyone in the media bother to look up Breakin' 2 and realize this whole thing was a collosal joke until they tried to make it look serious and subversive.

To quote a retired Ranger Sgt. "Every time you hear one of the "Boog Bois" talking about how much time he spent out at the sharp end in Iraq or Afghanistan...Remember that motto for Army truck drivers is "Spearhead of Logistics". So some kids out there somewhere are taking tactical advice on civil war from a tow truck driver."
prushin

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:30 pm

Unfortunately, perception becomes reality if it is repeated enough.

Supposed intercept of an elaborate "battle plan" makes them legit in the eyes of the pearl clutching Ruling class.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:54 am

It is clear that the panic button over whatever "plot" real or fantastic has been hit. I guess that's why some are cautious of publishing "what would you do" scenario discussion on the interwebz. The reality of how serious the author is always has a bearing on credibility of the threat. Context of the discussion is important. Someone copying the script of an action movie doesn't mean you could actually re-enact it in real life.

Maybe these people are a crack squad of operators.......
Last edited by yukonjasper on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 am

Excerps from an article in the current TwinCities.com

WALZ ACTIVATES GUARD

Walz activated the National Guard “for possible civil unrest,” according to an emergency order he signed Wednesday.

“We will always support Minnesotans’ First Amendment rights to peacefully protest, but anyone involved in violent, illegal activity will be held accountable,*” Walz said. “We are tracking reports and monitoring the situation closely to enhance our response and change tactics as needed.”

*I guess he was out of town last summer...

This sounds more and more like someone trying to light the Reichstag on fire.

‘NO VERIFIED THREATS’

St. Paul Police Chief Todd Axtell on Wednesday sought to reassure people.

“Like you, we saw what happened last week and have heard rumors this week,” but he said they’ve talked to federal authorities “and can say that we’re not aware of any verified threats at this time.”

EVENTS — REAL AND ‘FAKE’

Officially, two approved events are planned at the state Capitol: a “Freedom Fest” on Saturday and a “Sunday Church Service” on Sunday, according to permit applications approved by the state Department of Administration.

The applicant listed for both events, Becky Strohmeier, is a frequent organizer of right-wing events and helped organize last week’s event that featured violent rhetoric.

Strohmeier couldn’t be reached for comment Wednesday evening, but it was unclear what she envisioned for the events. In a video, she actually implored her followers: “I just want everybody to make sure they do not come to the state Capitol here Sunday.”

That sentiment, she said, was in response to a flier circulating on Facebook that purported to advertise an “armed march on Capitol Hill & all state capitols” but was being widely denounced by right-wing groups.

The Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance, for example, a Minnesota group, called it a “PHONY RALLY” in a message to its Facebook followers, describing it as “a trap for gun owners and conservatives.”

The group’s president, Joe Olson, said in an interview Wednesday, “If I could give you one quote, I would say, ‘For God’s sake, don’t go.’ ”
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 am

Here is a copy of the letter I received:

Following the riot at the United States Capitol last week that resulted in a temporary takeover of the building and a cessation of Congress's protected constitutional responsibilities, a lot of news coverage has come out about planned armed protests at state capitols, including here in Minnesota.  The FBI has even warned of the potential for violence at our own State Capitol.

To be clear, our organization does not support the use of violence to further political aims, we do not support armed insurrection, and we do not support using firearms to intimidate elected officials or others involved in the political process.  

Like many of you, we have seen postings about an armed protest planned in all fifty state capitols on January 17th and on the National Mall in our nation's capitol.  

We do not know who the group is behind this protest, we do not know their motivations, we do not know their agenda.  There are no names attached to the protest event - or the names of any organizations.  

We recommend exercising caution and not attending armed protest events unless you are familiar with the group, understand their goals, agenda, and motivations, and trust their leadership.  

In this video, which you can watch on YouTube, MN Gun Owners Caucus Political Director Rob Doar talks about what we do know about this planned event, how gun owners should evaluate protest events as they are determining if they want to participate, and what this means in the larger picture of Second Amendment activism.  I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch at least the first part of the video about the planned upcoming armed protests at our state capitol.

Keep an eye on our Facebook page for other updates related to this and other events as they occur.

Thanks for your ongoing support - and be sure to visit our Action Center and let your legislators know where you stand.

Yours in Liberty,
Bryan Strawser
Chair
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:56 am

xd ED wrote:WALZ ACTIVATES GUARD

Walz activated the National Guard “for possible civil unrest,” according to an emergency order he signed Wednesday.

Are these the same dishwashers and cooks that he so reluctantly dispatched last summer?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:

Are these the same dishwashers and cooks that he so reluctantly dispatched last summer?

Well they shut down pretty good after he actually let them do their job.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:

Well they shut down pretty good after he actually let them do their job.

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigBlue on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:50 pm

Anybody using the term 'bois' is deserving of being dismissed.
BigBlue

Next

Return to In The News