Ramsey County Sheriff's Office warns of increase in ...

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Ramsey County Sheriff's Office warns of increase in ...

Postby minnesotatv on Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:01 pm

Ramsey County Sheriff's Office warns of increase in carjackings

Friday, the Ramsey County Sheriff's Office issued a warning in response to an increase in carjackings with handguns.

"In the last week, 14 carjackings have been reported to law enforcement in the East Metro area," Ramsey County Sheriff Bob Fletcher said.

https://www.kstp.com/minnesota-news/ram ... s/6010934/
minnesotatv

Re: Ramsey County Sheriff's Office warns of increase in ...

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:21 am

If they could only fully disband the police this would stop.

Cause there would be no one to report it.
Holland&Holland

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:14 am

I got a 3 day ban on facebook for inciting violence, for saying "get a firearm, learn how to use it, and don't hesitate to use it on a carjacker"
mc762x54R

Postby GARAGE DWELLER on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:23 am

Anybody watch "Live on Patrol" on Youtube or Facebook? That where Bob Fletcher and Pat live stream their patrols on Friday nights in and around St. Paul. Can be pretty interesting at times. Pretty amazing how many people flee the police.
GARAGE DWELLER

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:00 am

GARAGE DWELLER wrote:Anybody watch "Live on Patrol" on Youtube or Facebook? That where Bob Fletcher and Pat live stream their patrols on Friday nights in and around St. Paul. Can be pretty interesting at times. Pretty amazing how many people flee the police.

I try to never miss it, although I usually fall asleep due to the late hour, and catch it the next day.

Last night's stop stick deployment was epic.
There are many things I disagree with the Sheriff on, but he and his sidekick, Pat are resourceful LEOs; something we are in desperate need of.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:46 am

mc762x54R wrote:I got a 3 day ban on facebook for inciting violence, for saying "get a firearm, learn how to use it, and don't hesitate to use it on a carjacker"

And you were the one inciting violence?

Did they kick the carjackers off too or are they just tuning their lives around?
Holland&Holland

Postby daleamn on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:06 pm

Personally I find it disheartening that Sheriff Fletcher seems to be getting in the way of the "Community Car Program" (might be sponsered by St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter).

You know, like the green bikes and green scooters...just take it and use it and then abandon it.

I think the motto is "All your cars are belong to us."

Note with the car program you don't need a credit card like you do with the bike and scooter program. It's just "Got Glock?" and you're good to go. (Literally)
daleamn

Postby xd ED on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:40 pm

daleamn wrote:Personally I find it disheartening that Sheriff Fletcher seems to be getting in the way of the "Community Car Program" (might be sponsered by St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter).

You know, like the green bikes and green scooters...just take it and use it and then abandon it.

Note with the car program you don't need a credit card like you do with the bike and scooter program. It's just "Got Glock?" and you're good to go. (Literally)

Sadly, there are far more people than we would wish to acknowledge who would fail to detect the sardonic nature of your post.

In the last 24 hours, there have been at least a dozen car thefts/ carjackings in St Paul; and those daily numbers are hardly an anomaly.
Curiously absent from the news, is any reaction to this mayhem, by the mayor, country atty, or even gubinator.

I suspect that will change drastically once one of these innocent youth become the victim of someone exerting the privilege of their socioeconomic status and forcefully resists sharing their automobile.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:51 pm

xd ED wrote:
daleamn wrote:Personally I find it disheartening that Sheriff Fletcher seems to be getting in the way of the "Community Car Program" (might be sponsered by St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter).

Sadly, there are far more people than we would wish to acknowledge who would fail to detect the sardonic nature of your post.

In the last 24 hours, there have been at least a dozen car thefts/ carjackings in St Paul; and those daily numbers are hardly an anomaly.
Curiously absent from the news, is any reaction to this mayhem, by the mayor, country atty, or even gubinator.

I suspect that will change drastically once one of these innocent youth become the victim of someone exerting the privilege of their socioeconomic status and forcefully resists sharing their automobile.

Yep, as soon as someone that is carrying, puts some leakage holes in one of these "car jackers" just trying to get a ride, the St Paul mayor will then say that "Gun Violence" has gotten "out of hand". He'll also INSIST that the person exercising their Right to Defend themselves, be prosecuted to the "Fullest Extent".
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:53 am

Of course, systematic racism you know.
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:23 pm

"It's just stuff"
Lumpy

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:31 pm

BigDog58 wrote:
xd ED wrote:
daleamn wrote:Yep, as soon as someone that is carrying, puts some leakage holes in one of these "car jackers" just trying to get a ride, the St Paul mayor will then say that "Gun Violence" has gotten "out of hand". He'll also INSIST that the person exercising their Right to Defend themselves, be prosecuted to the "Fullest Extent".

Let the mayor get car jacked with a pistol in his face! Bet he changes his tune.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:15 pm

Bet he doesn’t.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:34 am

The mayor has paid security to deal with such rabble.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Return to In The News