St. Paul police arrest 15-year-old suspect in multiple carja

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

St. Paul police arrest 15-year-old suspect in multiple carja

Postby jdege on Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:17 pm

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/st-paul-police-arrest-15-year-old-suspect-in-multiple-carjackings-robberies-february-26-2021/6025106/
St. Paul police arrest 15-year-old suspect in multiple carjackings, robberies
Authorities have arrested a 15-year-old boy who is a suspect in multiple carjackings and robberies around the Twin Cities metro.

St. Paul Police said a 21-year-old woman had a gun pointed at her at 9:39 p.m. Thursday as she got out of her car in the 800 block of St. Paul Avenue. The suspect demanded her purse but she didn't have any money so the suspect got into a nearby black sedan and drove away.

[...]

The department said the teen has been arrested more than 20 times. As of Friday night, he was in jail.

Remember the bit from Starship Troopers?
jdege

Re: St. Paul police arrest 15-year-old suspect in multiple carja

Postby leftoverture on Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:32 pm

Hope this is the first of many such arrests.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
leftoverture

Postby BU1 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:11 pm

leftoverture wrote:Hope this is the first of many such arrests.

If you read the story in the link, he has over 20 arrests to his credit already. :roll:
BU1

Postby Pat Cannon on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 pm

jdege wrote:Remember the bit from Starship Troopers?

I assume you mean from the novel, wherein the Mobile Infantry soldier on leave is subjected to an attempted mugging. As I recall, like in our world, the would-be robber expected no trouble because (unlike the post world war eras) only a very small fraction of the populace had any training in violence—but he got some.
Pat Cannon

Postby jdege on Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:35 pm

He had singled me out again. “Suppose you merely scolded your puppy, never punished him, let him go on making messes in the house . . . and occasionally locked him up in an outbuilding but soon let him back into the house with a warning not to do it again. Then one day you notice that he is now a grown dog and still not housebroken—whereupon you whip out a gun and shoot him dead. Comment, please?”

“Why . . . that’s the craziest way to raise a dog I ever heard of!”

“I agree. Or a child. Whose fault would it be?”

“Uh . . . why, mine, I guess.”

“Again I agree. But I’m not guessing.”
jdege

Postby Pat Cannon on Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:15 pm

:)

I should re-read that book.
Pat Cannon

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:56 am

He was just turning his life around.....given enough time, he will die of lead poisoning.....
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby westhope on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:29 am

The department said the teen has been arrested more than 20 times.

I can't even began to express my outrage at how the courts have neglected their responsibility to put this criminal away.

As of Friday night, he was in jail.

If the past actions by the courts is any prediction, he is out on the streets already!
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:25 am

The department said the teen has been arrested more than 20 times.

Why am I not surprised by this?!? And they will blame the gun when he kills someone...
Rowdy Roddy

Postby Lumpy on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:52 pm

If it wouldn't be impossible for a bureaucracy to administer fairly, I'd advocate whippings or canings for some offenders; would be more effective than any amount of time in prison.
Lumpy

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:11 pm

Lumpy wrote:If it wouldn't be impossible for a bureaucracy to administer fairly, I'd advocate whippings or canings for some offenders; would be more effective than any amount of time in prison.

Nah, good old fashon lead poisoning works best for lowlifes!
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:02 pm

BU1 wrote:
leftoverture wrote:Hope this is the first of many such arrests.

If you read the story in the link, he has over 20 arrests to his credit already. :roll:

Such an upstanding young man.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:30 am

It does highlight the defects that exist in the juvenile legal system. Recidivism is rooted in a disbelief that there are actual consequences to poor behavior. Social workers and after school programs only go so far....the sting of swift correction at the point of infraction has worked for centuries. Spare the rod and spoil the child....

A slap on the wrist, even 20 slaps, failed society in the number one responsibility of government, to protect its citizens. That failure forces the victims of the predator class to rely on their own methods of self preservation.

The disarming of society is made even more ridiculous in light of the ineptitude and dysfunctional legal system.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ironbear on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 pm

yukonjasper wrote:It does highlight the defects that exist in the juvenile legal system. Recidivism is rooted in a disbelief that there are actual consequences to poor behavior. Social workers and after school programs only go so far....the sting of swift correction at the point of infraction has worked for centuries. Spare the rod and spoil the child....

Interestingly, I read this article Former board member of nation's largest feminist group says fatherlessness becoming a crisis just before seeing this thread.

This guy used to be on the board of NOW, before they showed him the door, so presumably he is hardly a conservative.

But... steps on too many narratives, I guess.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby jdege on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:24 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Recidivism is rooted in a disbelief that there are actual consequences to poor behavior. Social workers and after school programs only go so far....

From what I can see, most social workers, like most progressives, are dedicated to creating a world where there are no consequences.
jdege

Next

Return to In The News