494 Overpass shooter

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

494 Overpass shooter

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:53 am

I'm, cynically, wondering why there isn't more of a media frenzy over this incident. Makes me wonder if the guy doesn't fit the "narrative " to advance the agenda. Maybe I'm wrong, but the Georgia massage parlors shooter's face, neck beard and all, was plastered quickly on all outlets in all of his redneck whiteness. Why the hesitation in this case?

https://www.twincities.com/2021/03/18/man-fatally-shoots-self-during-standoff-with-police-on-i-494-bridge-bloomington-police-say/
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: 494 Overpass shooter

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:52 am

The Parlor killer was white so of course its going to be plastered all over the media. What was the race of the 494 lowlife?
Bearcatrp

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:29 pm

I think the massage parlor shooter has been getting the attention he has, is because the pop media is working hard on making the incident part a White on Asian violence narrative, all caused by President Trump labeling the Wuflu the 'China Virus'.
The reality is in fact that most violence against Asians is perpetrated by either blacks, or other Asians.

It seems understandable, and even desirable that when someone climbs onto a freeway overpass, ultimately shoots himself, and falls onto the freeway below, there may be a bit of discretion, and restraint invoked.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:10 pm

xd ED wrote:I think the massage parlor shooter has been getting the attention he has, is because the pop media is working hard on making the incident part a White on Asian violence narrative, all caused by President Trump labeling the Wuflu the 'China Virus'.
The reality is in fact that most violence against Asians is perpetrated by either blacks, or other Asians.

It seems understandable, and even desirable that when someone climbs onto a freeway overpass, ultimately shoots himself, and falls onto the freeway below, there may be a bit of discretion, and restraint invoked.

True, I let my cynicism get the best of me, but the question remains, any additional information from the talking heads?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:03 pm

yukonjasper wrote:
xd ED wrote:I think the massage parlor shooter has been getting the attention he has, is because the pop media is working hard on making the incident part a White on Asian violence narrative, all caused by President Trump labeling the Wuflu the 'China Virus'.

True, I let my cynicism get the best of me, but the question remains, any additional information from the talking heads?

None of the news outlets, facebook crime pages, or law enforcement sites have revealed anything about the identity of perpetrator/ victim.
Almost any media behavior - be it an act of commission, or omission - is worthy of cynicism.

I am somewhat reminded of the incident in S Mpls, in the parking lot of the Lake St CUB, and Target store, when what might have been the first use of deadly force by a PTC holder took place. I do not believe to this day the shooter's identity has been revealed, leading to speculation that it was someone either prominent, or connected.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:26 pm

Was that the 1st?
Holland&Holland

Postby jdege on Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:03 am

There isn't much in the news, and what is is the news is simply wrong.

The police were called on reports of an armed man at the La Quinta.
jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:30 am

Our reporters are too busy covering the trial and doing stories on white racist sex addicts to be bothered with this one.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:48 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Was that the 1st?

I cannot find the details, or even the timeline, but I recall it was an incident that made most interested parties stop and take notice of what would happen next.
It was the first time I recall a permit holder shooting someone in the 'shall issue' era.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:40 pm

xd ED wrote:

It was the first time I recall a permit holder shooting someone in the 'shall issue' era.

This idiot had a permit to carry?
Bearcatrp

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:41 pm

Ed if I remember correctly the permit holder was chasing a pair of purse snatchers, man and woman, that knocked down an elderly lady and stole her purse. The snatchers went around the corner of a building and when the permit holder rounded the corner of the building the male turned and drew a firearm. The permit holder drew and fired killing the perp.
Sorcerer

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:37 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Ed if I remember correctly the permit holder was chasing a pair of purse snatchers, man and woman, that knocked down an elderly lady and stole her purse. The snatchers went around the corner of a building and when the permit holder rounded the corner of the building the male turned and drew a firearm. The permit holder drew and fired killing the perp.

That's more detail than I recall; but it did help me find a story about the incident. And yes, that's pretty much what happened

This Good Samaritan shot to kill: __ Twin cities.com
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:21 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:
xd ED wrote:

This idiot had a permit to carry?

Different incident
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Man who fatally shot self during standoff with police on I-494 bridge ID’d - TwinCities.com

Authorities have identified the man who fatally shot himself Thursday night on a pedestrian bridge over Interstate 494 in the south metro during a confrontation with police as Anton Lamont Burnes, a convicted felon with a long criminal history who had two pending criminal charges against him at the time of his death.

The Hennepin County medical examiner’s office on Tuesday said Burnes, 40, of St. Paul, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on the bridge at Second Avenue South between Richfield and Bloomington.

Burnes had two criminal cases pending of out of Dakota County, according to court records. In January, he was charged with fleeing police in a motor vehicle and in February fourth-degree assault on a police officer and fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance.

Those two cases followed a conviction from this past August out of Hennepin County for fleeing police in a motor vehicle and gross misdemeanor drunken driving.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby TSKNIGHT on Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:25 pm

xd ED wrote:Man who fatally shot self during standoff with police on I-494 bridge ID’d - TwinCities.com

Authorities have identified the man who fatally shot himself Thursday night on a pedestrian bridge over Interstate 494 in the south metro during a confrontation with police as Anton Lamont Burnes, a convicted felon with a long criminal history who had two pending criminal charges against him at the time of his death.

The Hennepin County medical examiner’s office on Tuesday said Burnes, 40, of St. Paul, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on the bridge at Second Avenue South between Richfield and Bloomington.

Burnes had two criminal cases pending of out of Dakota County, according to court records. In January, he was charged with fleeing police in a motor vehicle and in February fourth-degree assault on a police officer and fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance.

Those two cases followed a conviction from this past August out of Hennepin County for fleeing police in a motor vehicle and gross misdemeanor drunken driving.

Sounds like he's been on a downward spiral for a while and fell through the chasm in the justice system.
TSKNIGHT

Next

Return to In The News