Police involved shooting in Brooklyn Center

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Police involved shooting in Brooklyn Center

Postby xd ED on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:59 am

Lumpy wrote:Oh yeah, Mayor Um-Ah-Er. Not exactly a master of oration.

Local radio talker interviewed a former ranking B C LEO this AM.
This mayor is a real piece of work.

He now wants to police disarmed while making traffic stops.
Apparently he ordered most of the BC PD out of the station house, and told officers to remove their personal property. If it hadn't been for Henn Cty Sheriffs and State Patrol, they would likely have had another 3rd precinct situation.

Earlier he banned the use of less-than-lethal munitions to defend the station; it was only the state & county officers that were able to defend the property.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigBlue on Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 am

Should be grounds for impeachment right there. The ridiculousness of it is crazy. "Are you really that stupid or are you just trying to destroy everything?"
BigBlue

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:10 pm

BigBlue wrote:Should be grounds for impeachment right there. The ridiculousness of it is crazy. "Are you really that stupid or are you just trying to destroy everything?"

Question is, how does the citizenry view leadership? For all we know, he is doing what they are saying he should be. Hard to imagine, but I'm not seeing any vocal opposition. That's the beauty of the mob, fear suppresses the disent so all you hear is the howl of the SJW crowd. Echo chamber at its finest.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:32 pm

yukonjasper wrote:
BigBlue wrote:Should be grounds for impeachment right there. The ridiculousness of it is crazy. "Are you really that stupid or are you just trying to destroy everything?"

Question is, how does the citizenry view leadership? For all we know, he is doing what they are saying he should be. Hard to imagine, but I'm not seeing any vocal opposition. That's the beauty of the mob, fear suppresses the disent so all you hear is the howl of the SJW crowd. Echo chamber at its finest.

Interesting you mention fear and intimidation; one of the BC city council stated she voted the mayor’s way because she felt concerned about her property and personal safety.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Let the mayor pull someone over without a firearm. Or bring him on a ride along and have him go up to the car.
Bearcatrp

Postby Sorcerer on Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:24 pm

BOO. Wet pants.
Sorcerer

Postby BuckKlier on Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:47 pm

Anyone know what the weapons charge on the warrant was for?
BuckKlier

Postby xd ED on Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:52 pm

BuckKlier wrote:Anyone know what the weapons charge on the warrant was for?

I assume he was ineligible to own a firearm, when he robbed a women at gunpoint, choking her while he stole her rent money; ~ $800
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby smurfman on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Let the mayor pull someone over without a firearm. Or bring him on a ride along and have him go up to the car.

20 something years ago my father was a city councilman and he read that he (and the other elected members of the city) was responsible for LEO duties in the event the police were incapable of providing that service. I'm not sure if that was by state statue or city charter but I do know it was not a city ordinance and was on the books long after the requirement for LEO certification was needed to be a police officer.

If that statute or rule is still in effect, it sounds like a "sick out" by the city officers could give the mayor and council a different perspective of police work. Mutual aid by other departments would not be applicable as the MA pacts are worded to be used for help other than normal policing. Typically, it also requires an officer to be on the scene to implement unless the city officers are tied up on a different call.

Park a squad car with a copy of the traffic codes and state criminal statutes plus a ticket book in the driveway of the mayor and every member on the council, even if the above ruling is no longer in effect. The sight of the squad should become a new focal point for protesters and the attention should be another means of teaching city leadership a lesson.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:37 pm

smurfman wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Let the mayor pull someone over without a firearm. Or bring him on a ride along and have him go up to the car.

20 something years ago my father was a city councilman and he read that he (and the other elected members of the city) was responsible for LEO duties in the event the police were incapable of providing that service. I'm not sure if that was by state statue or city charter but I do know it was not a city ordinance and was on the books long after the requirement for LEO certification was needed to be a police officer.

If that statute or rule is still in effect, it sounds like a "sick out" by the city officers could give the mayor and council a different perspective of police work. Mutual aid by other departments would not be applicable as the MA pacts are worded to be used for help other than normal policing. Typically, it also requires an officer to be on the scene to implement unless the city officers are tied up on a different call.

Park a squad car with a copy of the traffic codes and state criminal statutes plus a ticket book in the driveway of the mayor and every member on the council, even if the above ruling is no longer in effect. The sight of the squad should become a new focal point for protesters and the attention should be another means of teaching city leadership a lesson.

There is no such law at the state level and if as you say it was not an ordinance then it was not a law at all.
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:04 pm

Some things never change...

Lumpy

Postby Drizzle on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:45 pm

As many know, the sheriff is responsible for LE duties anywhere in the county that the city or municipality can't, or won't provide them.

One of the issues with the BC mayor is that he got the council to pass a resolution for BCPD not to use gas or OC rounds, but he still asked the HCSO, secretly, to protect his PD bldg. All the while he spoke out of the other side of his face that the sheriff had forced his way in.

Sheriff Hutchinson said we will not protect your city, unless we have, in writing, an agreement that you are asking for our help. Otherwise, you can sit and spin.

Right now the sheriff is in charge of the mobile field force officers working to defend BCPD. But they can be pulled out and BC will be left to its own devices, which probably means a reenactment of the MPD incident.

Plus, with all the outside agitators coming to stir the pot for the Chauvin trial, and with the two coinciding, LE might be overwhelmed.

It will be a fun upcoming few weeks at work for some of us for sure.
Drizzle

Postby xd ED on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:51 pm

Language NSFW, little kids, and mad womens.
Rather prescient message from Chris Rock, worth watching, and funny as hell.

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm

I cannot get enough of Brandon Tatum's commentary and viewpoint. Here is a video setting the record straight on the character of Daunte Wright.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbXYjO4M-aM&feature=share
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BU1 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:28 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I cannot get enough of Brandon Tatum's commentary and viewpoint. Here is a video setting the record straight on the character of Daunte Wright.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbXYjO4M-aM&feature=share

Thank you for posting this! This guy is 100% on target with his assessment of the issue.
BU1

PreviousNext

Return to In The News