Indiana Senate leaders kill 'constitutional carry' bill

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Indiana Senate leaders kill 'constitutional carry' bill

Postby jdege on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:34 am

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/07/constitutional-carry-bill-nixing-handgun-permits-dies-ind-senate/7094016002/
Indiana Senate leaders kill 'constitutional carry' bill despite wide GOP caucus support
Republican Senate leaders in Indiana have killed a so-called 'constitutional carry' bill that would have nixed carry permits for handguns in Indiana.

The bill had seemed to have significant momentum until recently. The move comes despite more than half of the Senate Republican caucus signing on as co-sponsors to the bill, which already had passed the Indiana House.

I was wondering if I'd need to adjust my map, for the fourth time this year. Apparently not.

Are there any other states that have changes to their carry permit laws in the works? Indiana was the last I was tracking.
jdege

Re: Indiana Senate leaders kill 'constitutional carry' bill

Postby xd ED on Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:15 pm

jdege wrote:https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/07/constitutional-carry-bill-nixing-handgun-permits-dies-ind-senate/7094016002/
Indiana Senate leaders kill 'constitutional carry' bill despite wide GOP caucus support
Republican Senate leaders in Indiana have killed a so-called 'constitutional carry' bill that would have nixed carry permits for handguns in Indiana.

The bill had seemed to have significant momentum until recently. The move comes despite more than half of the Senate Republican caucus signing on as co-sponsors to the bill, which already had passed the Indiana House.

I was wondering if I'd need to adjust my map, for the fourth time this year. Apparently not.

Are there any other states that have changes to their carry permit laws in the works? Indiana was the last I was tracking.

Interesting to see which '2nd Amendment rights groups' were against this bill:

...He pointed to a number of organizations that had concerns about the bill, including Indiana State Police and Second Amendment rights groups The National Association of Gun Rights and Hoosier Gun Rights....
These two groups appear to be joined at the hip, and smell of the dorr bros.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Indiana Senate leaders kill 'constitutional carry' bill

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:31 pm

Gotta make bank ;)
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News