Nearly Half US Counties 2A Sanctuaries

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Nearly Half US Counties 2A Sanctuaries

Postby DanM on Fri May 07, 2021 7:25 pm

Something I hadn't seen in the media is that almost half of US counties have Second Amendment sanctuary laws on the books. :o I'm shocked that the MSM hasn't been all over this. :P

Link to the article: https://sanctuarycounties.com/2021/05/06/nearly-1500-counties-are-now-second-amendment-sanctuaries/?amp

Link to a high-res digital map of the US down to the county level: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sRVcnZihxmQo3B0MdpA_yJV4glJiacI_?usp=sharing (double click on the red icon to open the map, then expand/contract with CLRL+/CTRL- keys)

Who knew?
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.”
Thomas Jefferson
DanM

Re: Nearly Half US Counties 2A Sanctuaries

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri May 07, 2021 11:05 pm

Those counties will be determined to be illegitimate governments when the take over happens.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat May 08, 2021 6:32 am

Surprised to see wright county.
Bearcatrp

Postby Lumpy on Sat May 08, 2021 11:53 am

Expecting to hear the leftists suddenly discover "respect for the rule of law" in this case. :roll:
Lumpy

Postby OldmanFCSA on Sat May 08, 2021 5:07 pm

Polk County Wisconsin where I live is a Sanctuary County.
Our Sheriff is a strong 2nd Amendment supporter.
OldmanFCSA

Postby BigDog58 on Sun May 09, 2021 3:29 am

The Big Dog Compound in Edina, has Declared it as a Second Amendment Sanctuary.

It also recognizes all previous firearms, that now Identify as A Fishing Rod & Reel, or Any Other Useful Tool.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Currahee on Sun May 09, 2021 9:41 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Surprised to see wright county.

Wright County is a pretty conservative county. However, lately our taxes (increases) are starting to make us look like Hennepin County. :?

Wright County Sheriff Deringer is a 2nd amendment supporter. He is quoted as saying “I appreciate God, family, country, faith and the Second Amendment”. ... “I believe it is the Second Amendment that allows us to enjoy the other God-given freedoms in this great country. I will stand with you today.” This is back in March of 2020 when we became a 2nd amendment county. The county board unanimously voted for it.

There is still enough "no man's land" between us and the cities to hopefully keep our core values intact. But the Twin Cities ideas (of which shall not be named) are starting to pop up here and there more often locally with some signs in a few yards. :roll:
Currahee

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun May 09, 2021 9:08 pm

Currahee wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Surprised to see wright county.

Wright County is a pretty conservative county. However, lately our taxes (increases) are starting to make us look like Hennepin County. :?

Wright County Sheriff Deringer is a 2nd amendment supporter. He is quoted as saying “I appreciate God, family, country, faith and the Second Amendment”. ... “I believe it is the Second Amendment that allows us to enjoy the other God-given freedoms in this great country. I will stand with you today.” This is back in March of 2020 when we became a 2nd amendment county. The county board unanimously voted for it.

There is still enough "no man's land" between us and the cities to hopefully keep our core values intact. But the Twin Cities ideas (of which shall not be named) are starting to pop up here and there more often locally with some signs in a few yards. :roll:

Don’t worry, Buffalo is on the list for them to occupy and your sheriff will stand down just like Hennepin county will.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Sun May 09, 2021 9:17 pm

It's interesting to see some of the areas where this (2A Sanctuary) has not taken hold...the entire state of Iowa, most of SoDak...perhaps because there were are some assumptions of the obvious in place, and those gov'ts feel they have more pressing issues to deal with.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Return to In The News