St. Louis couple pay fines, lose guns

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

St. Louis couple pay fines, lose guns

Postby minnesotatv on Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:03 pm

St. Louis couple Mark, Patricia McCloskey pay fines, lose guns in guilty plea over encounter with rioters

'If we didn’t have somebody named George Soros in the world, we never would have been charged with anything,'
Mark McCloskey said

The St. Louis, Mo., couple who went viral after staring down a group of protesters from their front porch have agreed to plead guilty to lesser charges in connection with the incident, pay fines and lose the guns seized during the investigation.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, two attorneys in their 60s, were charged in the summer of 2020 after a swarm of Black Lives Matter protesters broke down an iron gate and ignored a "No Trespassing" sign on their private street. The couple said they felt threatened and armed themselves before heading outside to warn off the crowd, which was on its way to the former mayor’s home. No one was hurt.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-cou ... -lose-guns
minnesotatv

Re: St. Louis couple pay fines, lose guns

Postby Lumpy on Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Wrong of course. But Mr. McCloskey should not have leveled his firearm at the protestors unless he was in anticipation of imminently having to shoot; maybe he was? I dunno, I wasn't there. Still, I'm glad the worst they pled to were misdemeanors.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:14 pm

Lumpy wrote:Wrong of course. But Mr. McCloskey should not have leveled his firearm at the protestors unless he was in anticipation of imminently having to shoot; maybe he was? I dunno, I wasn't there. Still, I'm glad the worst they pled to were misdemeanors.

Please don’t refer to these peices of feces as protesters.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:13 pm

Looks like he just replaced what was confiscated. It’s on Fox News.
Bearcatrp

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:26 pm

The cost of the two firearms forfeited is peanuts compared to what it would cost to fight this out in court.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby daleamn on Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:43 am

Looks like he just replaced what was confiscated. It’s on Fox News.

Yeah. I didn't see the Fox News article, I saw a headline on MSN.COM and was directed to this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st-lo ... hp&pc=U531

The article is from a publication called "Jezebel---A Supposedly Feminist Website" a site I had never heard of before but they get some credibility, or at least exposure by being referenced by MSN.COM. My personal opinion? "Got bias much?"

Unfortunately, this is likely not the last we’ll hear of the McCloskeys, America’s actual worst couple. Completely unsurprisingly, the couple has turned their despicable behavior into a victim narrative that catapulted them to fame on the right, and Mark McCloskey is hoping it will carry him all the way to Congress: In May, McCloskey announced his campaign to represent Missouri in the U.S. Senate. His campaign pitch is predicated on being radicalized by the “angry mob” he threatened with deadly racist violence.
daleamn

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:36 pm

News media is neither these days.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News