‘This Shouldn’t Be Normal’

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

‘This Shouldn’t Be Normal’

Postby jdege on Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:56 pm

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/08/27/this-shouldnt-be-normal-mykia-carpenter-recovering-after-being-shot-in-the-neck-in-uptown/
‘This Shouldn’t Be Normal’: Mykia Carpenter Recovering After Being Shot In The Neck In Uptown
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A recent high school graduate could forever lose her voice after she was hit by a stray bullet in Uptown early Thursday morning.

Mykia Carpenter was supposed to have a party Friday, sending her off to nursing school in Chicago. Police say the shootout happened outside a business at Lyndale and Lake Avenues. In all, seven people were shot, including Mykia.

More:

“The first thing she was able to write to her mom and her brother was ‘I called 911 but they didn’t come’,” Welch said.

The city says officers arrived on scene within two minutes of the first 911 call. Friends didn’t wait. They drove Carpenter to the hospital.

I'm glad she had friends. But I'm not sure I believe that "two minutes".
jdege

Return to In The News