NRA Board Member Calls for CEO Wayne LaPierre’s Removal

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:14 am

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-board-member-calls-for-ceo-wayne-lapierres-removal-11632517397
Roscoe ‘Rocky’ Marshall argues that the organization’s board should also be removed as the association battles corruption allegations
A National Rifle Association board member called for the removal of the organization’s entire board and Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre, saying the actions were required for meaningful reform of the nonprofit gun-rights group as it battles corruption allegations.

The unusual move came in a series of legal filings Friday by Roscoe “Rocky” Marshall, an NRA board member since early this year, who is seeking to intervene on behalf of the association’s members in a continuing legal battle in state court in New York between the organization and New York Attorney General Letitia James.
jdege

Re: NRA Board Member Calls for CEO Wayne LaPierre’s Removal

Postby Vlad on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 pm

:secret: need an eating popcorn emoji
http://www.Schleifleather.com For custom holsters that fit you and the gun, not to mention show off those Strad grips...

The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."

--W.E.B. Du Bois,
American scholar and civil rights leader
Vlad

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:14 pm

Is this an attempt to torpedo the organization from the inside? What is the story with Roscoe.......where are his credentials and why would anyone listen to him?

What is his plan to keep the organization moving forward after he blows it up? An orderly restructuring of leadership should happen, but forcing the organization to defend a lawsuit just diverts resources and reduces impact. Reckless and divisive acts are great for grabbing headlines bur does nothing to solve the problems.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Lumpy on Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:52 pm

I've read that it's part of an effort to decouple LaPierre's leadership from the NRA as a whole, so the entire organization isn't considered corporately responsible for the alleged fraud that New York is bringing charges against them for.
Lumpy

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:02 pm

My personal opinion is LaPierre & Co need to go.

I don’t know if there’s any merit to the case against them or if this is just a political hit job. If you’re stupid enough to leave yourself and the political organization you’re running vulnerable, you need to go.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:10 pm

I will re join once they are all removed!
Bearcatrp

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:48 am

Power corrupts. LaPierre has turned the NRA into his private fiefdom. it's way past time for him to go.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Lumpy on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm

I recently joined, not because I approve of LaPierre and not because I think the NRA has done a particularly great job, but simply because of their national name recognition in D.C. The more members they can claim the better.
Lumpy

Postby Rowdy Roddy on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:41 pm

Lumpy wrote:I recently joined, not because I approve of LaPierre and not because I think the NRA has done a particularly great job, but simply because of their national name recognition in D.C. The more members they can claim the better.

There is much truth there. Dems always point to NRA as the hurdle to their efforts.
Rowdy Roddy

Postby Jackpine Savage on Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Lumpy wrote:I recently joined, not because I approve of LaPierre and not because I think the NRA has done a particularly great job, but simply because of their national name recognition in D.C. The more members they can claim the better.

I agree. I've been an Endowment member for 20 years. But most of my donations now go to the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus and a few other national orgs.
Jackpine Savage

Return to In The News