Home invasion, yet another childhood pastime

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Home invasion, yet another childhood pastime

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:32 am

6 west metro occupied home invasions under investigation

Orono Police Chief Correy Farniok told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS his department is assisting with six investigations into a string of home invasions that occurred while people were sleeping in their houses last week.

More at link: https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/6-west-metro-occupied-home-invasions-under-investigation/
Jackpine Savage

Re: Home invasion, yet another childhood pastime

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:44 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:6 west metro occupied home invasions under investigation

Orono Police Chief Correy Farniok told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS his department is assisting with six investigations into a string of home invasions that occurred while people were sleeping in their houses last week.

More at link: https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/6-west-metro-occupied-home-invasions-under-investigation/

Citizen's no-knock-warrant?
Holland&Holland

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:24 pm

No, it's wealth distribution, nothing to see here, just move along.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Lumpy on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:20 pm

The moral being that if you have an attached garage, for F***'S sake take extra precautions to secure it as an entry point to your home.
Lumpy

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Yep, the times they are a changing.

I still know people around here that never lock their house.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:02 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Yep, the times they are a changing.

Lock? How are they going to trip the claymore if you lock the door?
Holland&Holland

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:30 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:Yep, the times they are a changing.

Lock? How are they going to trip the claymore if you lock the door?

We think alike.

I was thinking they should set up that guy from Little Falls in a house down there. He would probably do better now that he's had some practice.
Jackpine Savage

Postby smurfman on Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:34 am

I wonder why the Orono chief is making comments to the press when the crimes occurred in Mound and Minnetrista which have their own police departments? That is not the norm. I can't see a lot of assistance being given by Orono either, it isn't a large department with a substantial investigative staff. Hennipen Co. Sheriff's Dept. and possibly the BCA would be the primary investigative agencies I would think.

That area kind of used to be my old stomping grounds though much of it wasn't as upscale as it is now. One travels only a couple mostly two lane roads through Orono and Wayzata to get to Mound and Minnetrista which seems odd as Orono and Wayzata would have much the same "pickings" plus easier/faster access to 394 to get out of the area. I'll guess a commonality will be found between the burgled homes which caused their being targeted.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:11 am

smurfman wrote:I wonder why the Orono chief is making comments to the press when the crimes occurred in Mound and Minnetrista which have their own police departments? That is not the norm. I can't see a lot of assistance being given by Orono either, it isn't a large department with a substantial investigative staff. Hennipen Co. Sheriff's Dept. and possibly the BCA would be the primary investigative agencies I would think.

That area kind of used to be my old stomping grounds though much of it wasn't as upscale as it is now. One travels only a couple mostly two lane roads through Orono and Wayzata to get to Mound and Minnetrista which seems odd as Orono and Wayzata would have much the same "pickings" plus easier/faster access to 394 to get out of the area. I'll guess a commonality will be found between the burgled homes which caused their being targeted.

What commonality? They have stuff?
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News