Petition to disband the ATF

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Petition to disband the ATF

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:46 pm

I doubt this goes anywhere, but I like the idea.

https://www.americanfirearmsassociation.org/petition/eliminate-the-atf/

Petition to Congress: Pass the ELIMINATE THE ATF ACT!

Whereas, The ATF can’t be reformed. They need to be shut down and forever disbanded; and,

Whereas, If we lose our precious Second Amendment freedoms — our very right to defend ourselves — then we’re just a step away from outright tyranny; and,

Whereas, Eliminating the ATF is the ONLY WAY to “fix” them. They hate the Second Amendment, they despise law-abiding gun owners, they clearly think they are above the law.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Petition to disband the ATF

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:44 pm

So how is this going to pass a congress controlled by the Dems much less a mental patient sign it?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:44 am

Holland&Holland wrote:So how is this going to pass a congress controlled by the Dems much less a mental patient sign it?

Congress would be problematic.

Otherwise, ATF sounds enough like like a TV cartoon network.... or an ice cream flavor. :?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:05 am

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So how is this going to pass a congress controlled by the Dems much less a mental patient sign it?

Congress would be problematic.

Otherwise, ATF sounds enough like like a TV cartoon network.... or an ice cream flavor. :?

Just tell him Corn Pop heads it up.
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:17 pm

As their name implies, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is the main federal enforcement arm against tax evasion on tobacco and alcohol. For that reason alone the bureau is not going anywhere. The best we could hope for is to see firearms eliminated from their mandate.
Lumpy

Postby jdege on Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:06 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I doubt this goes anywhere, but I like the idea.

Fun what I've heard, the raid on the Branch Davidians in Waco was inspired by a perceived need for a good press event by the leadership.

They thought they needed good press because there was serious discussion in Congress, at the time, about closing down BATF and moving their responsibilities into the FBI.

The proposal went nowhere, because the FBI didn't want the BATF agents. They considered F-Troop to be immature, poorly-trained, undisciplined cowboys.
jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:34 pm

jdege wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:I doubt this goes anywhere, but I like the idea.

Fun what I've heard, the raid on the Branch Davidians in Waco was inspired by a perceived need for a good press event by the leadership.

They thought they needed good press because there was serious discussion in Congress, at the time, about closing down BATF and moving their responsibilities into the FBI.

The proposal went nowhere, because the FBI didn't want the BATF agents. They considered F-Troop to be immature, poorly-trained, undisciplined cowboys.

Who knew that the FBI actually got one right?
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News