Federal Appropriations: Pro-Gun Language Restored

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:53 am

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20220321/federal-appropriations-pro-gun-language-restored
This week, President Biden signed into law a massive spending bill that funds the government through the end of the year, and, once again, NRA-ILA was successful in working on Capitol Hill to keep anti-gun members of Congress from eliminating pro-gun riders such as the Tiahrt amendment on releasing trace data and the Dickey amendment prohibiting the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) from advocating for gun control. The extensive work covered hearings, bill markups and votes in committee and on the floor to keep these provisions from being stripped. NRA-ILA was also effective in engaging the Senate to restore longstanding pro-gun language that was stripped in the House versions of the appropriations bills. This has been lauded as a huge win in protecting the Second Amendment in a Democrat-controlled Congress.

Much as they piss me off, sometimes, nobody down this inside baseball stuff as well as the NRA.
jdege

Re: Federal Appropriations: Pro-Gun Language Restored

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:20 am

They are still our biggest defense mostly due to the volume of members IMO.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:23 am

LarryFlew wrote:They are still our biggest defense mostly due to the volume of members IMO.

This.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:25 pm

LarryFlew wrote:They are still our biggest defense mostly due to the volume of members IMO.

Agree. That us why I hate to see the curmudgeonly attitude towards it. Every ally is a valuable ally even if they are sick.....
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to In The News