"Box of loaded guns" found in school

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:03 pm

Well, that is a box that had two loaded handguns in it. That's a box of guns? Anyway, this happened in a Parkland Florida school, after someone unloaded several items from the principal's car and carried them into the school. A goof, but the sort of dishonest headlines you get whenever "school" and "gun" are mentioned in the same sentence.
Lumpy

Re: "Box of loaded guns" found in school

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:07 am

Did the guns not go on a shooting rampage? They must have been defective. Obviously not 9mms.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:20 am

I'm sure there's more to this story, not that we'll ever find out.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-loaded-guns-found-parkland-school-mass-shooting
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby INOR on Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:58 am

Only problem with this story is that they weren’t stored or secured properly. I hope every school principal has a couple guns on campus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby 870TC on Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:13 am

Dammit, I never find a box of guns laying around. Must have felt like Christmas!
870TC

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:58 am

All that fuss over a box that was accidentally brought into the school and the final sentence says "The school said the loaded firearms were found in a locked room, WSVN reported"

Facing disciplinary action?? Not likely he accidentally brought his firearms into the building with other boxes brought in. "No one intended to bring a weapon into the building. The box was among many items brought into the locked room from the principal’s vehicle,"

People being scared by that action???????????????????????????????????
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Sorcerer on Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:58 pm

LarryFlew wrote:All that fuss over a box that was accidentally brought into the school and the final sentence says "The school said the loaded firearms were found in a locked room, WSVN reported"

Facing disciplinary action?? Not likely he accidentally brought his firearms into the building with other boxes brought in. "No one intended to bring a weapon into the building. The box was among many items brought into the locked room from the principal’s vehicle,"

If you or I had made that mistake you can bet our house would be raided and any firearm would b confiscated. Before we were even given a bail hearing. On top of that if we have a permit to purchase or carry they would be canceled before we reached the jail. Mistake or not.
Sorcerer

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:09 pm

Sorcerer wrote:
LarryFlew wrote:All that fuss over a box that was accidentally brought into the school and the final sentence says "The school said the loaded firearms were found in a locked room, WSVN reported"

If you or I had made that mistake you can bet our house would be raided and any firearm would b confiscated. Before we were even given a bail hearing. On top of that if we have a permit to purchase or carry they would be canceled before we reached the jail. Mistake or not.

Yes but if we were a principal in MN we would be allowed to allow us to carry on school property ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby daleamn on Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:51 pm

Did the guns not go on a shooting rampage? They must have been defective. Obviously not 9mms.

9mm?
Shoot your lung out!

(I think I might start using 'shoot your lung out' just like 'shoot your eye out' became a catch phrase from the movie 'Christmas Story'. If anybody else wants to do it too, well it's not copyrighted or anything, or even original, feel free.)
daleamn

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:58 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:

Yes but if we were a principal in MN we would be allowed to allow us to carry on school property ;)

Only if you have a “letter” that says it’s approved. His employer may see that differently. ;)
Sorcerer

Postby jdege on Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:47 am

Did anyone remember an incident where a gun store owner in El Paso decided to have dinner in Laredo after a gun show, not realizing that one of his employees, in packing up the stall after the show had put a case of ammo in his car?

He was caught by Mexican border police, and convicted. And IIRC the went to court in the US to have his firearms rights restored, and lost.
jdege

Postby daleamn on Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:34 pm

I don't remember the above incident but I 'remember', and I might be wrong here, about a guy in a pickup truck and they found a couple .22LR rounds under the floor mats of the truck and he got in trouble.
daleamn

Postby jdege on Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:31 pm

daleamn wrote:I don't remember the above incident but I 'remember', and I might be wrong here, about a guy in a pickup truck and they found a couple .22LR rounds under the floor mats of the truck and he got in trouble.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/01-704
jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:01 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Only if you have a “letter” that says it’s approved. His employer may see that differently. ;)

I thought the principal of a school was the recognized authority to issue said letter? I do understand that the superintendent and board would trump any actions taken by the principal.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News