Ridiculous sentence for drive-by shooting

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Ridiculous sentence for drive-by shooting

Postby daleamn on Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:01 pm

https://alphanews.org/man-who-shot-at-c ... -4-months/

So, a 20 year old guy takes some shots at a car with a handgun, three bullet holes found in the car.

There was a driver in the car struck by the bullets as well as two children, and when I say ‘children’ I’m talking about kids under the age of 5, not 17 year old drug salesmen. (‘Statistics’ about ‘children’ killed with guns sometimes include the aforementioned pharmaceutical reps.)

The 20 year old shooter was found “with a Glock 27 .40 caliber handgun under the driver’s seat with a live round in the chamber and another in the center console.”

So, I’m not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one on internet forums but I guessing folk here could come up with a lengthy list of laws violated by the shooter.

The judge, Ramsey County Judge Joy D. Bartscher, presumably also familiar with the laws the shooter could be charged with sentenced the shooter to four months in jail but he will serve that sentence either on house arrest or work release.

Now I’m not a conspiracy buff by any means but the most logical, plausible way this sentence makes any sense what-so-ever is that Judge Bartscher is an ultra-right-wing, conservative, card carrying member of the NRA that handed down this sentence to give legitimacy to the charge that existing laws are not being enforced and that we do not need new laws BECAUSE the existing laws are not being enforced.

Yeah, I’m being totally sarcastic with the right-wing charge but in the current climate, with all the violence (notice I did NOT say ‘gun violence’) going on a charge like this, for a crime like this, where the shooter is NOT removed from the community is just ….I don’t know, you fill in the blank.
daleamn

Re: Ridiculous sentence for drive-by shooting

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:14 pm

PULL Bang!
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:03 pm

He was just turning his life around...
Holland&Holland

Postby Ironbear on Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:46 am

Holland&Holland wrote:He was just turning his life around...

A full 360 degrees....
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:40 pm

Ironbear wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:He was just turning his life around...

A full 360 degrees....

Happens.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News