Rob Doar on Joe Soucheray's Garage Logic Podcast

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Rob Doar on Joe Soucheray's Garage Logic Podcast

Postby daleamn on Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:38 am

I was quite happy to hear Rob Doar on the 5/31/2022 Garage Logic podcast.
https://garagelogic.com/episode/5-31-we ... rs-caucus/
He presented some facts about guns and school shootings; "School shootings are rare. Your child is 10 times more likely to die in a school bus accident."
He also addressed the 'red flag laws' quite reasonably.

I recommend the Garage Logic podcast for everyone. It's humorous, conservative but in my opinion it is shot through with legitimate common sense.
Thanks again to Rob Doar for appearing on the show and being the voice of reason on gun control.

Joe Soucheray indicated it would be happy to have Rob Doar back on the show to answer questions and then just minutes after they hung up on Rob Doar they had a question about the legality of carrying a long gun openly. They discussed that point, without any real knowledge of the law, and then realized they should ask Rob Doar, who can ACTUALLY tell them what the law is about it. But alas, they had already let him go. I hope Joe Soucheray is honest about having Rob Doar back on his show. My opinion is that he would.
daleamn

Re: Rob Doar on Joe Soucheray's Garage Logic Podcast

Postby xd ED on Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:39 am

Is Soucherey still espousing his 'supermagnet' theory of gun control? ...take them from everyone?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hard h2o on Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:04 am

xd ED wrote:Is Soucherey still espousing his 'supermagnet' theory of gun control? ...take them from everyone?

I always took his super magnet theory to mean that unless we can get a super magnet and take them away from everyone gun control will not work. In other words criminals will always be able to get them so we can't disarm law abiding citizens.
hard h2o

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:33 am

Thanks for posting this - I have shared this with Rob today in our staff meeting!

B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby daleamn on Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:09 pm

Joe's supermagnet theory (where the giant supermagnet removes all the guns from everyone, everywhere). Yep he did mention it. He's got some goofy ideas about what might be possible to stop another school shooting but mostly he's on solid ground. That is, make the schools harder to get into without permission, have a police officer at the school, probably stuff included in the NRA 200 page document created shortly after Sandy Hook.

Note: A 'common sense' precauction would be for schools to have one or two monitored entrances, however many needed exit only doors and sensors in the main office to tell if the door is locked or open. And if a door alarm sends the school resource officer running to an open door, well that''s okay with me as long as the student or teacher that opened the door is soundly scolded so they don't repeat.

Disclaimer: I really enjoy Joe Soucheray's Garage Logic Podcasts and would recommend everyone take a listen to them.
https://garagelogic.com/
daleamn

Return to In The News