You Won Your Gun Case. You’re Fired.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:04 am

https://www.wsj.com/articles/you-won-your-gun-case-youre-fired-11656024233
Kirkland & Ellis tells Paul Clement and a partner to dump their Second Amendment clients. They refuse and resign.
A 6-3 victory at the Supreme Court vindicating a constitutional right is usually cause for congratulations, but not these days at Kirkland & Ellis, the giant white-shoe law firm. The firm has rewarded partner Paul Clement for his triumph Thursday in the big New York gun-rights case (see nearby) by telling him to drop his gun clients or leave the firm.

As Mr. Clement and his litigation partner, Erin Murphy, explain nearby, they’re leaving the firm rather than dump their clients. That’s the honorable and ethical decision.
jdege

Re: You Won Your Gun Case. You’re Fired.

Postby daleamn on Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:59 am

Okay, so ONCE AGAIN (!!!) something that should be in the Babylon Bee or the Onion is in the Wall Street Journal and turns out to be true.
Interesting times we live in.
Thanks for posting this article and the link.
daleamn

Postby xd ED on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:20 am

Sounds like Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe just let two top notch litigators off their chains after a resounding, and highly publicized success at the SCOTUS.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby jdege on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:30 am

daleamn wrote:Okay, so ONCE AGAIN (!!!) something that should be in the Babylon Bee or the Onion is in the Wall Street Journal and turns out to be true.

The way I see it, the firm’s demand is an admission that it never intended to faithfully represent the client.

They expected to lose and get paid well for doing it.
jdege

Postby xd ED on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:37 am

jdege wrote:
daleamn wrote:Okay, so ONCE AGAIN (!!!) something that should be in the Babylon Bee or the Onion is in the Wall Street Journal and turns out to be true.

The way I see it, the firm’s demand is an admission that it never intended to faithfully represent the client.

They expected to lose and get paid well for doing it.

Interesting take.

I assumed that perhaps the managing partners got blow back from their woke clientele....an 'us-or-them' ultimatum.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:20 pm

Non story, they will make more practicing on there own anyway.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:15 am

Reminds me of an air conditioning company I worked for. Year was 1985, great salary was 37K/yr, top salesman made 100K that year, owner called him into his office and told him he couldn't have a salesman make more than the owner and the salesman would have to have his commission % reduced or he could leave the company. He left the company and his newly started business is still going strong. Company I was working for didn't make it through the next year and they had been in business for many years with 30 employees.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:22 pm

LarryFlew wrote:Reminds me of an air conditioning company I worked for. Year was 1985, great salary was 37K/yr, top salesman made 100K that year, owner called him into his office and told him he couldn't have a salesman make more than the owner and the salesman would have to have his commission % reduced or he could leave the company. He left the company and his newly started business is still going strong. Company I was working for didn't make it through the next year and they had been in business for many years with 30 employees.

Free market rules :rock: :rock:
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News