NY Dems to pass new gun laws in response to Supreme Court ru

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:37 am

https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/07/01/ny-dems-to-pass-new-gun-laws-in-response-to-supreme-court-ruling-n480067
NY Dems to pass new gun laws in response to Supreme Court ruling
One week after the Supreme Court struck down a law limiting the spread of concealed handguns in New York, state Democratic leaders on Thursday were expected to respond with new measures that would prohibit people from carrying firearms in many public settings deemed “sensitive places.”

The ban would apply to places like colleges, hospitals, subways, parks and stadiums. It would also extend to any private property, such as a bar, restaurant or home, unless the property owner expressly allows guns, which they can do by placing a sign on their premises…

Legislators are considering, for example, adding new requirements for New Yorkers to receive a concealed carry permit, including 16 hours of training on how to handle a handgun, two hours of firing range training, an in-person interview and a written exam, according to internal legislative memos obtained by The New York Times.

The NYT article is here, but it's behind a paywall:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/30/nyregion/handgun-concealed-carry-ny.html
jdege

Re: NY Dems to pass new gun laws in response to Supreme Court ru

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:38 pm

The .40 Cal DEA guy needs a job so maybe he can provide the 16 hours of training?
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:04 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:The .40 Cal DEA guy needs a job so maybe he can provide the 16 hours of training?

He is the only one professional enough.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:38 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:The .40 Cal DEA guy needs a job so maybe he can provide the 16 hours of training?

He is the only one professional enough.

So true.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:28 pm

I don't have a issue making folks go through training to get a permit to carry. But to stop them from carrying in most places is BS.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:03 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:I don't have a issue making folks go through training to get a permit to carry. But to stop them from carrying in most places is BS.

Shall not be infringed….
Holland&Holland

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:19 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:I don't have a issue making folks go through training to get a permit to carry. But to stop them from carrying in most places is BS.

I’ve met enough “permit holders” that had to of been a sleep through most if not all of their class room instruction.
Sorcerer

Postby xd ED on Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:36 pm

If there were problems in any of the 'Constitutional carry' states, we'd be hearing about it 24/ 7 in the media.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:19 pm

xd ED wrote:

If there were problems in any of the 'Constitutional carry' states, we'd be hearing about it 24/ 7 in the media.

Surprised we have not seen a BUNCH of made up stories from the left regarding those states.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Ironbear on Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:28 pm

Went to a gun rights rally a few years back; and there was this Hawaiian-shirt crowd that I wish would have availed themselves of some basic training opportunities. Lot of leg muzzling going in, and far too much "fondleing"!
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Return to In The News