Armed bystander shot Greenwood Park Mall shooter in 15 sec.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Armed bystander shot Greenwood Park Mall shooter in 15 sec.

Postby Sprouticus on Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:59 pm

Police: Armed bystander shot and killed Greenwood Park Mall shooter in just 15 seconds
https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/multiple-victims-reported-in-shooting-at-greenwood-park-mall/531-df15bbf5-8eca-4220-b149-7de4735fbe37

"Greenwood PD said a review of surveillance video shows the suspect began firing at 5:56:48.

At 5:57:03 p.m., Elisjsha Dicken, an armed bystander, fired on the shooter from 40 yards away, according to police.

Within 15 seconds from when the shooting began, Dicken fired 10 rounds hitting the shooter as the shooter tried to retreat into the bathroom but collapsed and died.

An autopsy found the shooter was shot eight times and none were self-inflicted."

In addition, the article mentions how Mr. Dicken has no formal police or military training.
Sprouticus

Re: Armed bystander shot Greenwood Park Mall shooter in 15 sec.

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:50 am

Words cannot express how good I feel about this. I'm happy this is getting air time, although I don't know if the MSM is giving it any attention.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:00 am

Did they ever find the bad guy/ dead guy's lungs?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby 870TC on Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:11 am

Glock 9mm, man-size target, 40 yards, 10 shots, 8 hits, All while motioning bystanders to safety-moving to a braced cover position & under fire....Damm :bravo:
870TC

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:14 am

870TC wrote:Glock 9mm, man-size target, 40 yards, 10 shots, 8 hits, All while motioning bystanders to safety-moving to a braced cover position & under fire....Damm :bravo:

This
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:26 am

Better performance than the average police officer.
Lumpy

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:54 am

Lumpy wrote:Better performance than the average police officer.

Better performance than the average 10 police officers each firing 10 shots.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:20 am

Uvalde Police Criticize Indiana Mall Armed Citizen For Not Waiting Around Outside For An Hour

UVALDE, TX — After an armed private citizen bravely stopped a mass shooting at an Indiana mall, the Uvalde Police Department in Texas issued a statement of condemnation, criticizing the citizen for not waiting outside for an hour.

"This is exactly why we can't have armed citizens taking the law into their own hands," said Uvalde CISD Police Chief Pete Arredondo. "We professionals know that the correct procedure is to mill around the hallway and sanitize your hands, or wait outside for an hour until the shooting stops before going in. That's the only way you can ensure nothing bad or dangerous will ever happen to you. Who does this so-called 'good Samaritan' think he is?"

More at link: https://babylonbee.com/news/uvalde-police-criticize-indiana-mall-armed-citizen-for-not-waiting-around-outside-for-an-hour/
Jackpine Savage

Postby 870TC on Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:33 pm

Maybe a new side match for the next bang ping???
870TC

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:53 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Uvalde Police Criticize Indiana Mall Armed Citizen For Not Waiting Around Outside For An Hour

UVALDE, TX — After an armed private citizen bravely stopped a mass shooting at an Indiana mall, the Uvalde Police Department in Texas issued a statement of condemnation, criticizing the citizen for not waiting outside for an hour.

"This is exactly why we can't have armed citizens taking the law into their own hands," said Uvalde CISD Police Chief Pete Arredondo. "We professionals know that the correct procedure is to mill around the hallway and sanitize your hands, or wait outside for an hour until the shooting stops before going in. That's the only way you can ensure nothing bad or dangerous will ever happen to you. Who does this so-called 'good Samaritan' think he is?"

More at link: https://babylonbee.com/news/uvalde-police-criticize-indiana-mall-armed-citizen-for-not-waiting-around-outside-for-an-hour/

Nail meet head.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:44 pm

870TC wrote:Maybe a new side match for the next bang ping???

You better hope that young man doesn't show up. and school you all.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:49 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:Uvalde Police Criticize Indiana Mall Armed Citizen For Not Waiting Around Outside For An Hour

Nail meet head.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 20.13.59.png
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby westhope on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:56 am

Colin Noir video concerning Greenwood Park shooting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I_6TPWcFu0

Excellent!
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby westhope on Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:00 am

I doubt Biden will give Elisjsha Dicken a "Presidential Medal of Freedom" as he just did to 17 recipients of which Giffords was a recipient.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/07/01/president-biden-announces-recipients-of-the-presidential-medal-of-freedom/
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:09 pm

westhope wrote:Colin Noir video concerning Greenwood Park shooting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I_6TPWcFu0

Excellent!

+1
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to In The News