Democrats’ ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Prohibits Pistols Too

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Democrats’ ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Prohibits Pistols Too

Postby jdege on Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:08 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/23/house-democrats-assault-weapons-ban-prohibits-semiautomatic-pistols/
House Democrats’ ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Prohibits Semiautomatic Pistols Too
The “assault weapons” ban legislation that passed the House Judiciary Committee Wednesday not only prohibits AR-15s and AK-47s, but numerous semiautomatic pistols and shotguns as well.
But the language of H.R. 1808 also makes clear the legislation bans numerous semiautomatic pistols as well.

The ban applies to semiautomatic pistols with detachable magazines and threaded barrels. Because of the popularity of suppressors for hearing protection, nearly every semiautomatic pistol manufacturer makes pistol models with threaded barrels. This means an untold number of semiautomatic pistols would be banned by H.R. 1808.

Also, any semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine capable of holding more than ten rounds would be banned, as would any semiautomatic shotgun with a fixed magazine holding more than five rounds.
jdege

Re: Democrats’ ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Prohibits Pistols Too

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:42 pm

Yup. They want them all.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:37 pm

All mine sank in a boating accident in Lake Superior, the deepest point. Want proof, go dive and see for your self. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Bearcatrp on Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearcatrp

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:44 pm

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

At my age and health, prison would be a retirement plan.
Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:08 pm

Vote delayed until after August recess. Apparently Pelosi was concerned that the final vote might fail even in the House, denying the Democrats a virtue-signaling opportunity.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:14 pm

Playa gotta play.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:23 am

Lumpy wrote:Vote delayed until after August recess. Apparently Pelosi was concerned that the final vote might fail even in the House, denying the Democrats a virtue-signaling opportunity.

She probably got pushback from her own caucus members facing tough reelections.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:56 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Vote delayed until after August recess. Apparently Pelosi was concerned that the final vote might fail even in the House, denying the Democrats a virtue-signaling opportunity.

She probably got pushback from her own caucus members facing tough reelections.

Of course she did. It is called politics for a reason.
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:10 pm

PHUUUUQ! :evil: That was sneaky. House passes bill 217-213. They keep saying it's doomed in the Senate, we can only hope so.
Lumpy

Postby smurfman on Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:37 pm

5 round limit on a fixed magazine shotgun? Doesn't the Mossberg 500 hold 6 in the mag? I know my old Remington Model 10 held 6 in the mag. Glad I sold them long ago.

I'm pretty sure the Mossberg 835 held 6 rounds of 2 3/4" shells in the mag if the plug was removed. Other 3.5" chambered guns might have similar issues when shorter shells are used. Also, with the availability of Federal and Aquila mini-shells, pretty much all single barrel repeating shotguns with fixed magazines could be affected.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:07 pm

smurfman wrote:5 round limit on a fixed magazine shotgun? Doesn't the Mossberg 500 hold 6 in the mag? I know my old Remington Model 10 held 6 in the mag. Glad I sold them long ago.

I'm pretty sure the Mossberg 835 held 6 rounds of 2 3/4" shells in the mag if the plug was removed. Other 3.5" chambered guns might have similar issues when shorter shells are used. Also, with the availability of Federal and Aquila mini-shells, pretty much all single barrel repeating shotguns with fixed magazines could be affected.

Why are you complying?
Holland&Holland

Postby smurfman on Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:02 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
smurfman wrote:5 round limit on a fixed magazine shotgun? Doesn't the Mossberg 500 hold 6 in the mag? I know my old Remington Model 10 held 6 in the mag. Glad I sold them long ago.

Why are you complying?

How am I complying? Those guns were sold long before the present foolishness.

On the other hand, how many potentially non-compliant shotguns have you bought in protest of this bill?

Never mind, I already know your non-answer.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:34 am

smurfman wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Why are you complying?

How am I complying? Those guns were sold long before the present foolishness.

On the other hand, how many potentially non-compliant shotguns have you bought in protest of this bill?

Never mind, I already know your non-answer.

None of mine are affected.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News