Prosecutors cite self defense, won't charge man in fatal sho

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Prosecutors cite self defense, won't charge man in fatal sho

Postby jdege on Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:18 pm

https://www.startribune.com/id-released-of-man-shot-to-death-in-st-paul-this-week/600222024/
Prosecutors cite self defense, won't charge man in fatal shooting this week in St. Paul
Ramsey County Attorney's Office said facts uncovered in the police investigation "strongly support" shooter's claim that he was defending himself and others.
Deandre L. Buckner, 28, of St. Paul, died shortly after 10 p.m. Tuesday off Payne Avenue on the western edge of the Dayton's Bluff neighborhood, police said.

A 20-year-old man was quickly arrested near the shooting scene on suspicion of murder.

However, Ramsey County Attorney's Office said in a statement late Friday afternoon that "we declined to file charges in this incident due to facts uncovered in the police investigation that strongly support a self-defense and defense-of-others claim by the person who fired the fatal shot."

The office did not elaborate on the specifics of the claim by the man, whom police identified as the shooter. The Star Tribune is not naming the man, because he's no longer subject to being charged.
jdege

Re: Prosecutors cite self defense, won't charge man in fatal sho

Postby samginko on Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:59 pm

I have questions, can 20yo get a PTC?

I meant 20yo as mentioned in the story.
Last edited by samginko on Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
samginko

Re: Prosecutors cite self defense, won't charge man in fatal sho

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:14 pm

samginko wrote:I have questions, can 21yo get a PTC?

Yes
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News