City employee accused of shooting teenager at St. Paul recre

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

City employee accused of shooting teenager at St. Paul recre

Postby jdege on Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:52 am

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/city-employee-accused-of-shooting-teenager-at-st-paul-recreation-center/
City employee accused of shooting teenager at St. Paul recreation center
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A man who worked at a recreation center with teenagers is now accused of shooting one of them. The 26-year-old worked at the Jimmy Lee Recreation Center in St. Paul.

The teenage victim remains in critical condition. As many as 100 young people were at the recreation center when the shooting happened. Resources are being made available to kids who are traumatized.

[...]

St. Paul city employees, with the exception of police officers, are barred from carrying guns on the job. Mayor Carter did express frustration over a state law that specifically prevents the city from banning guns at recreation centers.

"I think that state law is wrong and should be changed as quickly as possible," said Carter.

So, he was already banned from carrying, but we need to change state law so he's even more banned?
jdege

Re: City employee accused of shooting teenager at St. Paul recre

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:57 pm

jdege wrote:https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/city-employee-accused-of-shooting-teenager-at-st-paul-recreation-center/
City employee accused of shooting teenager at St. Paul recreation center
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A man who worked at a recreation center with teenagers is now accused of shooting one of them. The 26-year-old worked at the Jimmy Lee Recreation Center in St. Paul.

The teenage victim remains in critical condition. As many as 100 young people were at the recreation center when the shooting happened. Resources are being made available to kids who are traumatized.

[...]

St. Paul city employees, with the exception of police officers, are barred from carrying guns on the job. Mayor Carter did express frustration over a state law that specifically prevents the city from banning guns at recreation centers.

"I think that state law is wrong and should be changed as quickly as possible," said Carter.

So, he was already banned from carrying, but we need to change state law so he's even more banned?

If you did not have guns mayor Carter would feel better about kids getting shot in his city.
Holland&Holland

Postby BU1 on Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:12 pm

I read another story that claimed this doofus had a PTC. :shock:
BU1

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:06 am

BU1 wrote:I read another story that claimed this doofus had a PTC. :shock:

Why did he shoot? The story doesn’t go into what happened.
Holland&Holland

Postby westhope on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:30 am

Police stated 26 year old Binford had a PTC. Best description I have seen so far.

KSTP: https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/charges-employee-shot-teen-after-skirmish-outside-st-paul-rec-center/
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:33 am

westhope wrote:Police stated 26 year old Binford had a PTC. Best description I have seen so far.

KSTP: https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/charges-employee-shot-teen-after-skirmish-outside-st-paul-rec-center/

About what I expected.
Holland&Holland

Postby rtk on Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:07 am

I would think that most city policies state that employees are not allowed to be armed while working with the exception of PD officers. I won’t comment on the mug shot of the shooter but….
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby xd ED on Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:10 pm

One wonders if l'il melvin would be so quick to blame 'the gun' if this had been a white cop shooting the youngster.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Return to In The News