NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegat

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegat

Postby jdege on Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:08 pm

https://thereload.com/newsletter-nra-has-lost-over-a-million-members-since-corruption-allegations-surfaced/
NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegations Surfaced
The NRA’s financial troubles have worsened.

Despite what some detractors have long said, the NRA is primarily funded by its millions of members. That’s why it’s such a terrible sign for the group that it has lost over a million of those members since corruption allegations were first levied against NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre. That membership downturn has driven a stark decline in revenues.

Combined with still-skyrocketing legal costs, the NRA has fallen into massive budget deficits. That means more cuts to core programs.

Contributing Writer Jake Fogleman reports on one area that has avoided being cut four years into the group’s current crisis: private jet travel. And I explain how the NRA used debt to fill its budget void.
jdege

Re: NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegat

Postby nhluke on Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:38 am

Dollar for dollar and considering group vs individual- who is more effective in "pushing their cause"
Nancy Pelosi or the NRA?
nhluke

Postby Erud on Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:02 am

nhluke wrote:Dollar for dollar and considering group vs individual- who is more effective in "pushing their cause"
Nancy Pelosi or the NRA?

1:38 am, shouldn’t you be sleeping? :cogitating:
Erud

Postby bstrawse on Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:29 am

I support the Firearms Policy Coalition and the 2nd Amendment Foundation nationally.

FPC is starting a large spend here in Minnesota on the anti-gun bills - expect to see them testify at future hearings.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:52 am

bstrawse wrote:I support the Firearms Policy Coalition and the 2nd Amendment Foundation nationally.

FPC is starting a large spend here in Minnesota on the anti-gun bills - expect to see them testify at future hearings.

Bryan

Excellent! Thank you for the update.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:04 am

I quit the NRA when all this came out. I will join again when Wayne is gone.
Bearcatrp

Postby Zarthan on Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:25 pm

MN Gun Owner Caucus, Of Course!. before that GOCRA.ORG.

I have an NRA Life membership, got a smoking low price 11yrs ago for membership at my range, have not given them money in years.

GOA Life member for 10yrs, regular contributor.

Just started contributing to PFC.

Have been using Smile.Amazon.com (soon to be removed) for SAF - Second Amendment Foundation.
My contributions turns out to have been minor, might have to start stepping up here too.

Joined the Scott County Defenders a couple years ago. Not sure where this will lead me.
"Asserts the constitutional right of self-defense and demand that government respect this right, opposes its infringement, and takes necessary action to oppose any further encroachment."
https://www.scottcountydefenders.org/join-us
https://gunowners.mn/our-programs/minne ... nctuaries/

------------------------------------
All I asked is to be left alone!
Zarthan

Postby nhluke on Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:17 am

I have an NRA membership because Gopher Rifle Club requires it. I should have asked if they also accept other 2a groups as meeting their requirement. I'll admit to knowing very little about the NRA but it doesn't appear that effective considering it's resources alone. As a "brand" they seem to be fighting with tactics and equipment from WW1, when the rest of the world is in 2023. I am thankful for several organizations that out perform it considering size. Hopefully chat gpt ends up being a 3 gun fan.
nhluke

Postby Lumpy on Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:54 am

I bought a life membership a year or two ago when they were offering them at a steep discount. Not that I think the NRA actually does that much but they still have the most name recognition at the national level, and I think a life membership excuses me from giving them any more money.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:30 am

Divided we fall.
Holland&Holland

Postby Zarthan on Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:52 am

The NRA Legal part is the problem.
The NRA training & Safety part is great.

Wayne LaPierre and his cronies need to go so the NRA can be great again in our support of 2A.
Zarthan

Postby warrlac on Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:32 am

Just wondering whether someone on this board has any new information on this subject?

I keep hoping for good news regarding the NRA and its plight vs. the state of New York attorney general, but it looks like they are still hemorrhaging money on attorney fees. Anti-NRA organizations seem to know more about what is going on with the NRA than does its membership. And that info is not positive.

My club requires NRA membership. The shooting sports side of the NRA still seems to be able to provide financial support in the form of grants for our youth activities, so there's some gratification in belonging, but everything else, from the American Rifleman magazine to the number of people on staff at the ILA seems to be shrinking. I renewed my membership for 2023 and sent them a note saying that we need pro-2A support in Minnesota now more than ever. So far crickets...
warrlac

Postby bstrawse on Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:39 pm

warrlac wrote:Just wondering whether someone on this board has any new information on this subject?

I keep hoping for good news regarding the NRA and its plight vs. the state of New York attorney general, but it looks like they are still hemorrhaging money on attorney fees. Anti-NRA organizations seem to know more about what is going on with the NRA than does its membership. And that info is not positive.

My club requires NRA membership. The shooting sports side of the NRA still seems to be able to provide financial support in the form of grants for our youth activities, so there's some gratification in belonging, but everything else, from the American Rifleman magazine to the number of people on staff at the ILA seems to be shrinking. I renewed my membership for 2023 and sent them a note saying that we need pro-2A support in Minnesota now more than ever. So far crickets...

Which Club?

Oakdale a few years ago switched and allowed Caucus or NRA..

b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby warrlac on Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:48 pm

bstrawse wrote:
warrlac wrote:Just wondering whether someone on this board has any new information on this subject?

Which Club?

b

The 525 member Gopher Rifle & Revolver Club in Harris, MN. We are what is referred to as "NRA GOLD" and there are some decent kickbacks and perks to our youth programs for being so. Many of our members are NRA Life Members already, so the NRA membership requirement in order to belong to the club isn't a steep climb.

We had a good club turnout at the March 25th State Capitol Rally and continue to spread the word in the newsletter and club meetings about how MNGOC is punching way above its weight. Keep up the great work!
warrlac

Postby xd ED on Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:27 am

warrlac wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

Which Club?

b

The 525 member Gopher Rifle & Revolver Club in Harris, MN. We are what is referred to as "NRA GOLD" and there are some decent kickbacks and perks to our youth programs for being so. Many of our members are NRA Life Members already, so the NRA membership requirement in order to belong to the club isn't a steep climb.

We had a good club turnout at the March 25th State Capitol Rally and continue to spread the word in the newsletter and club meetings about how MNGOC is punching way above its weight. Keep up the great work!

I would add that, anytime you or Robb would like to address the club at one our monthly membership meetings, you'll be most welcomed, and well received.
I believe Robb has done so in the past.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Next

Return to In The News