Transcripts of assistant DA show her refusing over a dozen g

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Transcripts of assistant DA show her refusing over a dozen g

Postby jdege on Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:06 pm

https://www.fox8live.com/2023/03/04/grossly-inappropriate-behavior-transcripts-assistant-da-show-her-refusing-over-dozen-gun-cases-mardi-gras/
‘Grossly inappropriate behavior’: Transcripts of assistant DA show her refusing over a dozen gun cases on Mardi Gras
The Metropolitan Crime Commission obtained and shared with FOX 8 the Magistrate Court transcripts of Orleans Assistant District Attorney Emily Maw refusing more than a dozen gun cases on Mardi Gras Day.

The cases involve people arrested for illegally carrying guns during the carnival season.

“These transcripts prove that she committed prosecutorial misconduct in my opinion. I don’t understand how she’s still employed because any prosecutor that did this should lose their job,” says Goyeneche.

When Keaton Manghave appeared before a Magistrate Judge, arrested for carrying a machine gun, Emily Maw in the transcript said, “A machine gun is a pretty serious weapon. I just want to make sure, Mr. Manghave is from Tennessee. Is that right?”

The defendant says, “Yes, Ma’am.”

Maw says, “Is he planning to go back to Tennessee?”

The Public Defender says, “yes”.

Maw says, “Okay. So as long as you’re okay going back without the machine gun, then we’ll refuse the charges.”
jdege

Re: Transcripts of assistant DA show her refusing over a dozen g

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:50 pm

Carrying a machine gun?

I guess that could be a Glock with an auto sear, and not the M60 I see in my imagination.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Lumpy on Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:30 pm

Heck, carrying an automatic weapon is just good judgement in the after-dark back alleys of New Orleans.

What submachine guns do security forces carry these days? Awhile back the MP5 was common but I haven't kept up.
Lumpy

Postby jdege on Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:00 pm

Lumpy wrote:Heck, carrying an automatic weapon is just good judgement in the after-dark back alleys of New Orleans.

What submachine guns do security forces carry these days? Awhile back the MP5 was common but I haven't kept up.

Given the choice I'd prefer an M2HB in overwatch and a mortar on the back side of the hill.
jdege

Return to In The News