New Gun Range "Range USA" Coming to MN?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

New Gun Range "Range USA" Coming to MN?

Postby daleamn on Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:35 pm

Range USA currently has 36 facilities across 11 states with 9 currently under construction. A national gun range chain could open its first Minnesota location in the near future. Range USA, formerly known as Shoot Point Blank, has proposed an indoor range facility in Brooklyn Park.

The article is here:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/indoo ... 285aa&ei=9

I suspect, given the location, I'll remain a loyal customer of Bill's Gun Shop but I might have to make a trip to see what they have there.

Anybody been to one of these ranges?
daleamn

Re: New Gun Range "Range USA" Coming to MN?

Postby Zarthan on Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:51 pm

You really should try to stay away from msn.com
Better sites to look at,
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-bu ... -minnesota
https://alphanews.org/ has good local coverage and the crime watch section.

I also wont be visiting them, I have Burnsville Pistol & Modern Sportsman close by.
Zarthan

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:05 pm

More ranges are a good thing.
Holland&Holland

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:41 am

Hopefully they won’t be as pricey as Stock &Barrel.
Edit: well looking at their website no bird shot or buck shot. $25 a month basic membership that is only good on weekdays. It appears that all of the memberships are only good on weekdays.
Sorcerer

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:47 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Hopefully they won’t be as pricey as Stock &Barrel.
Edit: well looking at their website no bird shot or buck shot. $25 a month basic membership that is only good on weekdays. It appears that all of the memberships are only good on weekdays.

Looking at their membership plans, that basic plan might be OK for a retired person who wants to shoot indoors a lot.
Saw a lot of those guys when I'd go to Bill's on my week day - days off.
If they were closer, I could maybe see it during the winter months, even though I don't like the setting of most indoor ranges

The other, more versatile plans get steep, but they claim a 25% discount for Vets, and 1st Responders.
Are there any gun shops in that city/ area?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:47 pm

There is Osseo Gun Club that’s not far. Bills Robinsdale not that far south. That locations most inherent down fall would be 94/252 highway coming from North Minneapolis. Their range rules could be a usage deterrent though. The place would need to be built better than Fort Knox. The other problem area would be Brooklyn Boulevard and Zane Ave. The Anoka , Coon Rapids area most likely would be a draw.
Sorcerer

Return to In The News