Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby jdege on Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:57 pm

https://www.albertleatribune.com/2023/03/sheriff-speaks-out-against-proposed-ammunition-legislation/
Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation
According to Shea, the bill — House File 396/Senate File 916 — is meant to require gun owners to store and lock firearms separately from ammunition, which is required to be locked up inside a home. A violation of the law precludes a person from acquiring a permit to carry. The bill, if passed, would hold gun owners responsible for locking up their firearms. “One of the big things is that it’s inside somebody’s home,” he said. “We shouldn’t be regulating stuff like that inside somebody’s home.”

Shea said there was already legislation against negligent firearm storage, State Statute 609/606.

“If you have a child, in Minnesota it’s defined as somebody under the age of 18, [and] they could gain access — that would be negligent storage,” he said. “You have to keep guns locked up from kids anyway.”
User avatar
jdege
 
Posts: 4524 [View]
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:07 am

Re: Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:44 pm

Shows how dumb and worthless these democrats are trying to pass a law that’s already covered by an existing law.
Bearcatrp
 
Posts: 2999 [View]
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby BU1 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:08 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Shows how dumb and worthless these democrats are trying to pass a law that’s already covered by an existing law.


Trying to make it illegaler maybe?
BU1
 
Posts: 148 [View]
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby xd ED on Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:16 pm

BU1 wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Shows how dumb and worthless these democrats are trying to pass a law that’s already covered by an existing law.


Trying to make it illegaler maybe?


It's a curious thing;
the county attorneys that fail to aggressively enforce existing firearms' law on criminals, are among the first to run to the legislature wanting more gun restrictions on law abiding citizens.

But if the proposed law is reasonable, perhaps we should require everyone to lock their cars in the garage, remove the battery, and lock it in a closet, in the house.
LET'S GO BRANDON
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 9047 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:58 am

xd ED wrote:
BU1 wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Shows how dumb and worthless these democrats are trying to pass a law that’s already covered by an existing law.


Trying to make it illegaler maybe?


It's a curious thing;
the county attorneys that fail to aggressively enforce existing firearms' law on criminals, are among the first to run to the legislature wanting more gun restrictions on law abiding citizens.

But if the proposed law is reasonable, perhaps we should require everyone to lock their cars in the garage, remove the battery, and lock it in a closet, in the house.


Maybe if we had no cars and only had mass transit then car jackings would go down?
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 12533 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:12 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:
BU1 wrote:
It's a curious thing;
the county attorneys that fail to aggressively enforce existing firearms' law on criminals, are among the first to run to the legislature wanting more gun restrictions on law abiding citizens.

But if the proposed law is reasonable, perhaps we should require everyone to lock their cars in the garage, remove the battery, and lock it in a closet, in the house.


Maybe if we had no cars and only had mass transit then car jackings would go down?



Sure.

A Minneapolis man is accused of stealing a Metro Mobility bus and leading police on an hours-long pursuit that spanned several cities. - Bring Me The News

A Minneapolis man is accused of stealing a Metro Mobility bus and leading police on an hours-long pursuit that spanned several cities.

Brandon Scott Brose, 31, is charged in Ramsey County District Court with vehicle theft and fleeing a peace officer in a vehicle.

Brose is accused of stealing a Metro Mobility bus in St. Paul in the early morning hours of Jan. 20....
LET'S GO BRANDON
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 9047 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby Lumpy on Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:33 pm

Firearms are the favorite scapegoat for sixty years of failed social reform policies. Gun banning is the liberals' last hope that they can make embarrassing statistics go away by simply making armed crime impossible (which they can't).
User avatar
Lumpy
 
Posts: 2756 [View]
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: North of Lowry, West of Penn

Re: Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:50 pm

Lumpy wrote:Firearms are the favorite scapegoat for sixty years of failed social reform policies. Gun banning is the liberals' last hope that they can make embarrassing statistics go away by simply making armed crime impossible (which they can't).


I'm not sure, at this point they can be embarrassed.
And the liberal judiciary has made not even the basic attempts to discourage crime.
If anything, this legislation, if passed, will further enable the goblins.
Disarming, and controlling you is the end game.
LET'S GO BRANDON
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 9047 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Sheriff speaks out against proposed ammunition legislation

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:39 pm

xd ED wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Firearms are the favorite scapegoat for sixty years of failed social reform policies. Gun banning is the liberals' last hope that they can make embarrassing statistics go away by simply making armed crime impossible (which they can't).


I'm not sure, at this point they can be embarrassed.
And the liberal judiciary has made not even the basic attempts to discourage crime.
If anything, this legislation, if passed, will further enable the goblins.
Disarming, and controlling you is the end game.


This
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 12533 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am


Return to In The News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

cron