Someone gets it!

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Someone gets it!

Postby Stugotz on Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:38 pm

"Gun owners are not the enemies, and gun control laws are not the solution," she said.
She called on Congress to ban gun-free zones and to fund non-partisan firearm education programs.

The mother of a man who died from gun violence told Congress Wednesday that she doesn't want more gun control laws because she wants to protect herself "from evil."

"How about letting me defend myself from evil?" Lucretia Hughes, a conservative gun-rights activist, asked lawmakers at the House Oversight and Reform Committee's hearing on gun violence. "You don't think that I am capable and trustworthy to handle a firearm? You don't think that the Second Amendment doesn't apply to people that look like me?"

"You, who are calling for more gun control, are the same ones that are calling to defund the police," she added. "Who is supposed to protect us? We must prepare to be our own first responders, to protect ourselves and our loved ones.""

Gun violence victim's mother tells Congress she doesn't want more gun control laws so she can defend herself 'from evil'
"Gun owners are not the enemies, and gun control laws are not the solution," she said.
She called on Congress to ban gun-free zones and to fund non-partisan firearm education programs."

The mother of a man who died from gun violence told Congress Wednesday that she doesn't want more gun control laws because she wants to protect herself "from evil."

"How about letting me defend myself from evil?" Lucretia Hughes, a conservative gun-rights activist, asked lawmakers at the House Oversight and Reform Committee's hearing on gun violence. "You don't think that I am capable and trustworthy to handle a firearm? You don't think that the Second Amendment doesn't apply to people that look like me?"

"You, who are calling for more gun control, are the same ones that are calling to defund the police," she added. "Who is supposed to protect us? We must prepare to be our own first responders, to protect ourselves and our loved ones.""

Gun violence victim's mother tells Congress she doesn't want more gun control laws so she can defend herself 'from evil'
[url] "Gun owners are not the enemies, and gun control laws are not the solution," she said.
She called on Congress to ban gun-free zones and to fund non-partisan firearm education programs.

Gun violence victim's mother tells Congress she doesn't want more gun control laws so she can defend herself 'from evil' [/url]
Stugotz

Return to In The News